ICY DOCK MB982SPR-2S Full Metal Dual 2.5" to 3.5" SATA HDD & SSD Converter with RAID for PC & Mac Pro
Icy Dock is a household name for its high quality storage products for RAID applications, SSDs, and functional design. Now, all of those will be combined into one ground breaking product: the MB982SPR-2S. This little device packs a huge punch with features and performance, allowing 2 x 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD to be converted to a 3.5" SATA form factor for use in most internal drive bays, backplanes, external enclosures, and server racks. It transforms the 2 drives into a 3.5" SATA drive with exact dimensions, mounting holes, and connection locations as a normal 3.5" drive.
The device uses a full metal construction for durability and drive protection, especially for use in industrial computers and servers, as well as military systems deployment. Inside the case there is room for 2 x 2.5" SATA SSD or HDD fitting the standard 9.5mm drive heights. Like our previous converters, the door mechanism moves a tray to connect and disconnect the drives as the door is closed and opened, respectively. This provides the user with peace of mind that the connection is solid. Also, similar to the previous converters, the installation process is completely screw-less and tool-less, saving the user time when first installing the drives, as well as any necessary maintenance throughout the product's lifetime. On all sides of the box are airflow vents to provide adequate ventilation to the 2 drives inside, ensuring they operate in an optimal environment. On the door latch are 2 blue status LEDs which provide the user with drive activity, power, and RAID status.
The RAID controller gives users the option to choose RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG, and Port Multiplier mode, and it can be configured via software that is compatible with both PC and Mac systems. This allows the unit to be configured for blazing fast speed, system drive mirroring, extra storage, or just an easy way to dual boot a computer.
* Converts your 2 x 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD to a 3.5" SATA HDD, for 3.5" SATA Drive Bay
and Backplane usage.
* Full Metal and Heavy Duty with Easy Access to Drives
* Screw-less and Tool-less Design Saves Tons of Time For Installation and Maintenance
* Built in RAID featuring RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG, and Port Multiplier.
* Blue Status LEDs on Release Latch
* Airflow Vents For Heat Dissipation With Anti-vibration Design.
* Universal Mounting Holes For Most Common PC Cases.
* Windows and Mac Software for RAID Set Up
* Compatible With Most 3.5" HDD Backplanes and Hot Swap Devices.
* Compatible With Mac Pro.
* Screw-less Design For Quick & Easy Installation.
* Perfect For Power Users, System Integrators and IT Professionals.
Latest News Posts
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio