Samsung Announces New SE-S084F External DVD Writer
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology, announced today its newest consumer-friendly external DVD writer, the SE-S084F optical disc drive This drive will be available just in time for the holiday season at select online retail outlets.
"Weighing less than one pound and available in five distinct colors, the Samsung SE-S084F DVD Writer was built for netbook and mini PC users, who require the flexibility of a smaller device, but do not want to sacrifice the benefits of an optical disc drive," said John Suh, director of OMS sales, optical disc drive division for Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. "For ultimate portability, the DVD writer offers customers high-performance reading and writing functions directly from a USB power source, removing the need for an AC adaptor or power cables."
The eco-friendly DVD writer is compliant with RoHS guidelines that limit the use of chemicals such as Pb, Cd, Cr+6, Hg, PBBs and PBDE. Samsung uses lead-free soldering manufacturing technologies, further eliminating the use of harmful materials.
The SE-S084F DVD Writer is designed with WriteMaster technology, which enables multitasking on the PC and high-speed writing, even in lower performance PCs. Buffer Under Run technology is also included to prevent errors that result from writing speeds that exceed data transfer speeds for uninterrupted PC use. Certified compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems, this drive uses Tilt Actuator Compensation Technology for reliable writing of all disc areas.
The new external drive is smaller, lighter and faster than its predecessor, the SE-S084C. The SE-S084F provides a variety of speeds across different data media types including: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD±R recording, 5X DVD-RAM recording, 6X DVD+R Dual Layer recording, 6X DVD-R Dual Layer recording, 8X DVD+RW recording and 6X DVD-RW recording.
The SE-S084F is available at selected online retail outlets with a MSRP starting at US$59.99
Latest News Posts
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications