Icy Dock Releases MB973SP-B Screw-less Multibay Enclosure
Introducing the new face of Icy Dock screw-less technology, the MB973SP-B 3-in-2 SATA Backplane. This product allows the user to install 3 x 3.5" SATA hard drives into a computer case's 2 available 5.25" device bays. Using our world renowned screw-less technology, no screws or tools are required to insert or eject the drives making hot swapping a completely hassle free experience.
The front of the device includes childproof power buttons for each and they also act as an LED indicator showing drive power and activity. Similarly, each drive door has a multi-locking latch mechanism to prevent a door from being opened easily. Also on the front are USB and eSATA ports to quickly and easily connect external storage peripherals.
On the rear of the MB973SP-B is a monster 80mm cooling fan to pull cool air from the front ventilation slots, over the drives, and exhaust the warm air out through the rear ventilation slots. The fan also features an "on-demand" power system, so that the fan is only powered on if a drive's power is on. So even if all 3 slots are filled, the fan will only spin if one of the drives is powered on. And if the included fan is not enough, it can be upgraded to use most aftermarket 80mm case fans that use a 2 or 3 pin connector. A 3 speed fan control is built in letting the user choose between high, low, or auto which uses our Smart Cooling Technology to adjust fan speed according to the cooling requirements of the drives.
* Fits 3 x 3.5" SATA HDD into 2 x 5.25" Device Bays
* Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug &play and hot swap use
* Compatible with SATA 6 Gb/sec
* Stylish aluminum construction for durability and heat dissipation
* 80mm cooling fan for maximum air flow
* On-demand power system - Fan power only when a drive is powered on
* Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans that use 2-pin or 3-pin connectors
* 3 speed fan control including Smart Cooling Technology providing temperature
* Front and rear ventilation slots
* Front side USB and eSATA ports for convenient external storage connections
* Individual power switches and LEDs for each drive
* Child-proof power buttons to avoid accidental power shut down
* Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection
* Internal SATA cable and USB header cable built into rear of device
Latest News Posts
- Duran Duran: Streaming music 'is the way forward for the future'
- Save 93% On This Six-Course Node.js Bundle
- id Software: The new DOOM will not take itself too seriously
- Intel's Brian Krzanich announces change of a few management positions
- 'Happy Forest' is yet another great example of Unreal Engine 4
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- your Other built or out. nation much sleeping out bag,
- Gaming Sponsorship - Part 2: Live events are key to success
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC
- Intel Announces Leadership Changes