LG Introduces World's First Near Full HD 3D Notebook
LG Electronics (LG) today announced the world's first premium notebook offering cinematic 3D experience at near Full HD quality. To deliver an immersive 3D experience while rendering high-quality movies, games and graphics, the LG A510 features a hardware combination never before offered on a notebook: 15.6-inch Full HD 3D LED LCD display powered by Intel Core i7 Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M graphics card with 1GB of dedicated DDR3 video memory.
"3D is increasingly becoming a common part of the home entertainment landscape so it's against this backdrop that we're working to make this technology better and more accessible for consumers," said Dr. Skott Ahn, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "As more and more people consume content and interact via portable screens, we think this is a natural next step for business travelers, college students and small office/home office owners. And we put the entire package in a beautifully-designed chassis because we don't think high-tech has to be a dull grey pizza box.
The A510 ships with polarized glasses for easier portability. A set of clip-on 3D lenses are also included for regular glasses-wearers. Beyond the visual, the notebook boasts SRS TruSurround HD for the ultimate immersive audio experience for movies and games.
With much of the content in the 3D world still in development, LG equipped the notebook with TriDef software which converts 2D into 3D content on demand. Using TriDef, viewers can see all their favorite shows and movies in up-converted 3D as soon as their LG A510 is unboxed.
This high-tech workhorse also boasts a unique design that is sure to please both tech-savvy and style-conscious consumers. An attractive metallic look with unique exterior finish and subtle LED lighting around the touchpad that changes color according to the system status add a distinctive look. The LG A510 is available in two colors: blue-black and champagne gold.
The LG A510 offers additional convenience with a collection of smart features and applications. The LG Smart Pack, LG's unique software suite for notebooks, always ensures that the LG A510 is operating at peak performance. And a LED fingerprint reader can be programmed to provide quick and easy access to the most frequently used programs and websites, while also making it easier to log in.
LG will roll out this premium notebook in Asia, South America, the Middle East and Africa starting in October 2010.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now