LG Introduces World's First Near Full HD 3D Notebook
LG Electronics (LG) today announced the world's first premium notebook offering cinematic 3D experience at near Full HD quality. To deliver an immersive 3D experience while rendering high-quality movies, games and graphics, the LG A510 features a hardware combination never before offered on a notebook: 15.6-inch Full HD 3D LED LCD display powered by Intel Core i7 Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M graphics card with 1GB of dedicated DDR3 video memory.
"3D is increasingly becoming a common part of the home entertainment landscape so it's against this backdrop that we're working to make this technology better and more accessible for consumers," said Dr. Skott Ahn, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "As more and more people consume content and interact via portable screens, we think this is a natural next step for business travelers, college students and small office/home office owners. And we put the entire package in a beautifully-designed chassis because we don't think high-tech has to be a dull grey pizza box.
The A510 ships with polarized glasses for easier portability. A set of clip-on 3D lenses are also included for regular glasses-wearers. Beyond the visual, the notebook boasts SRS TruSurround HD for the ultimate immersive audio experience for movies and games.
With much of the content in the 3D world still in development, LG equipped the notebook with TriDef software which converts 2D into 3D content on demand. Using TriDef, viewers can see all their favorite shows and movies in up-converted 3D as soon as their LG A510 is unboxed.
This high-tech workhorse also boasts a unique design that is sure to please both tech-savvy and style-conscious consumers. An attractive metallic look with unique exterior finish and subtle LED lighting around the touchpad that changes color according to the system status add a distinctive look. The LG A510 is available in two colors: blue-black and champagne gold.
The LG A510 offers additional convenience with a collection of smart features and applications. The LG Smart Pack, LG's unique software suite for notebooks, always ensures that the LG A510 is operating at peak performance. And a LED fingerprint reader can be programmed to provide quick and easy access to the most frequently used programs and websites, while also making it easier to log in.
LG will roll out this premium notebook in Asia, South America, the Middle East and Africa starting in October 2010.
Latest News Posts
- MIT chip promises to bring neural-networks to your mobile phone
- PSA: Going to see Deadpool on Friday? Stay for the post-credits scene
- Red Dead Redemption backwards compatibility done in error, removed
- New Fallout 4 mod lets you play as Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3
- Titanfall 2 getting a grounded, dirty and human single-player campaign
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance