Graphic Remedy gDEBugger Incorporates S3 Graphics Chrome GPU OpenGL Hardware and Software Support
OpenGL application developers optimize performance on Chrome 400 GPUs with gDEBugger
Fremont, California and Tel Aviv, Israel, 6 October 2008 - S3 Graphics, a leading provider of graphics and visualization technologies, and Graphic Remedy, an innovative provider of OpenGL performance tools, today announced the support of the latest Chrome 400 Series GPUs with the gDEBugger performance measurement utility. The Chrome 400 Series GPUs support the latest OpenGL 2.1 API and hardware HD video decode for Blu-ray playback.
S3 Graphics and Graphic Remedy have been working closely together over the past year on incorporating S3 Graphics hardware and driver support into gDEBugger. This combination offers a powerful performance optimizing solution for OpenGL application developers using S3 Graphics hardware. "The aim of the S3 Graphics and Graphic Remedy cooperation is to give developers the best-in-class solution and get the optimal results and usability out of S3 Graphics hardware," said Avi Shapira, CEO of Graphic Remedy.
The powerful integration between gDEBugger and S3 Graphics provides real-time statistics (performance counters) representing utilization, throughput, and other performance metrics within the S3 Graphics hardware and driver. Monitoring these performance counters allows unprecedented visibility of graphics activity and throughput at various points in the graphic pipeline. OpenGL developers can use these performance counters to identify graphic pipeline bottlenecks, optimize their code based on application feedback, and measure the success of different optimizations they apply.
"gDEBugger is an excellent solution for OpenGL developers who care about the performance of their application. S3 Graphics has been working extensively with Graphic Remedy to ensure that gDEBugger fully supports our current and future graphics architectures. The integration of gDEBugger with S3 Graphics hardware performance metrics gives developers valuable, in-depth analysis of any OpenGL application to get the most out of our hardware using this advanced tool," said Iming Pai, VP of Software at S3 Graphics.
Streamlining the OpenGL Debugging and Profiling Experience
gDEBugger is a powerful OpenGL and OpenGL ES debugger and profiler. It delivers one of the most intuitive OpenGL development toolkits available for graphics application developers. gDEBugger lowers development cost by saving debugging and profiling time, boosting application robustness by tracing application activity on top of OpenGL to provide the needed information a developer needs to find bugs, and optimizing application rendering performance.
New Frontiers in Hi-Def Performance
The S3 Graphics Chrome 400 Series GPUs are based on proven 65nm process technology and features an energy efficient multimedia architecture that scales from 300MHz to 600MHz and incorporates the following key features:
- OpenGL 2.1 graphics architecture
- Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 2upport
- ChromotionHD Programmable Video Technology
- Codec support includes WMV-9 HD, MPEG-2 HD, VC-1, H.264, DivX, and AVS
- S3 Graphics PowerWise Technology
- PCI Express®2.0
- Advanced Display Connectivity
More information on the S3 Graphics Chrome 400 Series may be found on the S3 Graphics website at: http://www.s3graphics.com/en/products/chrome_400/
About Graphic Remedy
Graphic Remedy is an innovative software company specializing in software applications for the 3D graphics market, specifically developers programming with OpenGL. With many years of experience in graphics development, Graphic Remedy's goal is to design innovative applications that make OpenGL programming faster and easier, saving programmers' time and money. gDEBugger is the first in a line of products to meet this goal. http://www.gremedy.com
About S3 Graphics
S3 Graphics is a leading provider of innovative graphics visualization technologies for the notebook and desktop markets. As a quality supplier to the OEM and retail markets, S3 Graphics powers consumer, corporate and multimedia platforms to bring best-in-class energy efficiency, graphics/video performance, and visual features to the user. Our long-term commitment to customers is to bring reliability, quality, performance and state-of-the-art features to the forefront of PC applications. http://www.s3graphics.com
Latest News Posts
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20