Scythe Releases Kama Bay AMP 2000 PC Audio Amplifier
Japanese cooling specialist Scythe extends its audio accessory portfolio by a brand-new Class D amplifier. New Kama Bay AMP 2000 is equipped with new features and functions which are fitted into a compact chassis to allow it to be mounted into a 5.25" bay inside a PC.
Thanks to the classy design, new Kama Bay AMP 2000 can be used individually and fits perfectly into almost every environment. Users have the choice of either silver or black version as a color. In order to allow high connectivity, Kama Bay AMP 2000 is equipped with 3 RCA inputs on the rear side as well as one 3.5 mm Stereo Jack input and one USB connector in the front. Therefore, it is possible to use mp3 player, computer, game consoles as well as audio and video equipment as the input source. USB connector located in the front gives the possibility to charge mp3 players. Knobs in the front allow switching among the 4 sources as well as individual adjustment of bass and treble separately. Overall design is completed by the two analog meters which are illuminated in blue backlight.
Kama Bay AMP 2000 Class D amplifier is powered by YAMAHA's digital IC YDA138 which is build onto the improved PCB to further enhance the sound quality grade. Speakers can be connected using the gold-plated terminals on the rear side. Two stereo channels allow maximum Output of 2 x 10 Watt (8 Ω). YDA138 Digital IC is rated at 88% maximum efficiency whereas the S/N Ratio is specified at 103 dB (Headphones 95 dB). Headphones can be connected on the front side using a common 3.5 mm Headphone Jack (50 mW * 2 Ch.).
All required cables and adapters are already bundled in the package of Kama Bay AMP 2000. It contains AC Adapter for standalone operation, connection wires for speaker, installation manual, various audio cables, two PCI brackets, various mounting screws and 4-Pin Peripheral Adapter.
Kama Bay AMP 2000 Class D amplifier (Model No. SDAR-2000) is available for MSRP of 50,35 / USD 59.95 in retail market. Furthermore, it is possibly to combine it with the Scythe Kro Craft Speaker which is already available in the market as a completion of a full-fledged 2.0 HiFi sound system.
Kama Bay AMP 2000
2 x Speaker Channels
1 x Headphone
3 x RCA
1 x 3.5 mm Stereo-Mini
Number of Channels:
2 Stereo Channels
Maximum Output Continuous Current:
10 W x 2 Channels
88% (8 Ω / 10 W)
103 dB / 95dB (Headphone)
Harmonic Distortion Rate:
0,02% (1 KHz / 8 Ω)
50 mW x 2 Channels
152 x 113 x 41 mm / 5.95 x 2.01 x 7.24 in
#When side-panels and insulators attached.
Capability of Connecting:
1 x USB-Relay Cable
1 x USB-Power Connector
760 g / 26.81 oz.
Scope of delivery:
AC Adapter, Cable for Speaker, Installation Manual, Audio Cable (3.5 mm Stereo Mini - RCA / RCA - RCA / Stereo Mini - Stereo Mini), 2x PCI Bracket, PCI Bracket Screws, Unit Mounting Screws, 4-Pin Peripheral Adapter, USB-Relay Cable(5-Pin ↔ 4-Pin / 5-Pin ↔ USB-A).
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch dethrones League of Legends in Korean PC bang rankings
- System Shock Remastered renamed System Shock, is now a reboot
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines