Accelero XTREME 5970 / 5870
Ultimate Cooling Weapon for ATI Radeon HD5970 and HD5870
(Pfäffikon/Switzerland, 12 March 2010) The Swiss low noise cooling solution provider ARCTIC COOLING today announced the launch of two VGA coolers - the Accelero XTREME 5970 and Accelero XTREME 5870. These two 3-fan solutions are tailor-made for ATI Radeon HD5970 / HD5870. They follow the sophisticated design of the Accelero XTREME series, offering the best cooling for these high-end graphics cards.
Excellent cooling performance
Both models are equipped with three 92mm PWM fans running from 900 to 2,000 RPM, generating 81 CFM airflow for efficient heat dissipation from the core(s). The Accelero XTREME 5970 is designed with an 8-heatpipe and 119-fin architecture to achieve 300 watts cooling for the dual-GPU Radeon HD5970. Whereas the Accelero XTREME 5870 comes with 5 heatpipes and 84 fins, providing 250 watts cooling capacity for the Radeon HD5870. A layer of the ARCTIC MX-2 thermal compound is also pre-applied on the base of these two coolers. The results are very promising- the GPU temperature of Radeon HD5970 and HD5870 is now 40°C and 36°C lower respectively than using the stock cooler. This enhances not only the overclocking performance, but also extends the service life of your valuable VGA card.
Using three fans does not mean the noise level will be high. The precise fan blade design improves the laminar airflow and helps reducing the noise level to a minimum - only 0.5 sone at full speed (2,000 rpm). The patented fan holder and PWM function helps the Accelero XTREME 5970 / 5870 to reduce the noise further, creating a much quieter gaming environment.
The Accelero XTREME 5970 / 5870 offers a 6-year limited warranty.
The Accelero XTREME 5970 will be available in May. The MSRP is US$76.95 and 56.95 (excl. VAT).
The Accelero XTREME 5870 will be available in April. The MSRP is US$67.95 and 49.95 (excl. VAT).
About ARCTIC COOLING
ARCTIC COOLING is the trusted leader in IT hardware design, specialized in providing efficient and quiet thermal cooling solutions for laptops and PCs. Its core product categories include CPU and VGA coolers, case fans, PC cases and PSUs. The Company has also expanded its product line to various consumer electronics products such as audio systems, power solutions, computer peripherals and entertainment systems. Headquartered in Pfäffikon, Switzerland, ARCTIC COOLING operates international offices in Hong Kong and the US providing local shipping, customer service and sales support.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club