Accelero XTREME 5970 / 5870
Ultimate Cooling Weapon for ATI Radeon HD5970 and HD5870
(Pfäffikon/Switzerland, 12 March 2010) The Swiss low noise cooling solution provider ARCTIC COOLING today announced the launch of two VGA coolers - the Accelero XTREME 5970 and Accelero XTREME 5870. These two 3-fan solutions are tailor-made for ATI Radeon HD5970 / HD5870. They follow the sophisticated design of the Accelero XTREME series, offering the best cooling for these high-end graphics cards.
Excellent cooling performance
Both models are equipped with three 92mm PWM fans running from 900 to 2,000 RPM, generating 81 CFM airflow for efficient heat dissipation from the core(s). The Accelero XTREME 5970 is designed with an 8-heatpipe and 119-fin architecture to achieve 300 watts cooling for the dual-GPU Radeon HD5970. Whereas the Accelero XTREME 5870 comes with 5 heatpipes and 84 fins, providing 250 watts cooling capacity for the Radeon HD5870. A layer of the ARCTIC MX-2 thermal compound is also pre-applied on the base of these two coolers. The results are very promising- the GPU temperature of Radeon HD5970 and HD5870 is now 40°C and 36°C lower respectively than using the stock cooler. This enhances not only the overclocking performance, but also extends the service life of your valuable VGA card.
Using three fans does not mean the noise level will be high. The precise fan blade design improves the laminar airflow and helps reducing the noise level to a minimum - only 0.5 sone at full speed (2,000 rpm). The patented fan holder and PWM function helps the Accelero XTREME 5970 / 5870 to reduce the noise further, creating a much quieter gaming environment.
The Accelero XTREME 5970 / 5870 offers a 6-year limited warranty.
The Accelero XTREME 5970 will be available in May. The MSRP is US$76.95 and 56.95 (excl. VAT).
The Accelero XTREME 5870 will be available in April. The MSRP is US$67.95 and 49.95 (excl. VAT).
About ARCTIC COOLING
ARCTIC COOLING is the trusted leader in IT hardware design, specialized in providing efficient and quiet thermal cooling solutions for laptops and PCs. Its core product categories include CPU and VGA coolers, case fans, PC cases and PSUs. The Company has also expanded its product line to various consumer electronics products such as audio systems, power solutions, computer peripherals and entertainment systems. Headquartered in Pfäffikon, Switzerland, ARCTIC COOLING operates international offices in Hong Kong and the US providing local shipping, customer service and sales support.
Latest News Posts
- 3 Reasons Your Car Needs This Essential Gadget
- Could social media eventually turn on the Islamic State?
- Guest stole $35k of stuff from San Francisco Airbnb host
- The Arkansas Governor's URL now points to a LGBT forum
- Report: Konami exploits and "imprisons" employees
- AMD A-Series A10-7870K Kaveri Refresh APU Review
- BRIX (BXi3H-4010) Unable to install Win10
- Ga-z77x-ud3h via usb 3.0
- Help building new gaming PC
- Xeon x5460 overclocking settings
- Seagate Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Results
- IBASE Announces ASB200-908 IPC
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth