Available immediately for retail: USB3.0 Controller from Sharkoon
Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card: PCIe-Controller with NEC-ÂµPD720200 Chip and two USB3.0 Ports / MSRP 39.90 euros // also starting calendar week 48 the USB3.0: Sharkoon Hard Drive Docking Station SATA QuickPort is available for MSRP 49.99 euros
Ten times faster than the USB2.0, data transfer rates of up to 5 GB/s, enhanced transmission reliability and energy efficient: The new USB3.0 interface now also offers an over abundance of bandwidth for data transfer applications. However, Mainboards and peripheral devices that allow SuperSpeed USB?s simply can not wait. Sharkoon is the first provider to immediately offer a PCIe controller so that the Desktop PC can be quickly and efficiently upgraded: The Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card is equipped with a NEC ÂµPD720200 chip; the two USB3.0 Ports are combined with the PCIe 2.0 so that it can conform to Intel xHCI-rev0.96 specifications. The controller card can connect directly to the PCI-x1 slot and operate a larger PCIe slot with a connection speed twice as fast; it possesses a 4-pin plug to the power supply over the network, and supports the operating systems Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (32 Bit / 64 Bit).
Also, a first peripheral device with the SuperSpeed interface from Sharkoon will soon be made available on the market: As of calendar week 48, the popular hard drive docking station Sharkoon SATA QuickPort with USB3.0 port will be released. The new interface has USB-IF specifications including compatibility with previous USB 2.0, USB 1.1 and USB 1.0 connections.
The "SATA QuickPort" series currently comprises of eight models with different features for different requirements. All Sharkoon QuickPort?s allow convenient and direct access to unobstructed SATA hard drives. The compact yet sturdy QuickPort series table adapters are equipped with a slot to accommodate SATA drives in both the 2.5? and 3.5? inch format. A folding mechanism with a suitable slot for the smaller notebook drives offer two types of secure grips; the disks are simply plugged into the QuickPort and the computer immediately recognizes them as an authorized drive. After use, the drive can be easily removed by utilizing the eject button again. With its approximately 575 gram weight, the docking station itself on the desktop is accident proof. Two different LED colors indicate the operation and data access. The latest model of the Sharkoon QuickPort USB3.0 comes with an instruction manual, universal AC adapter (EU, UK, U.S.) and a USB3.0 cable.
End customers will find the Sharkoon USB3.0 Host Controller Card available immediately from authorized retailers for the manufacturers suggested retail price of 39.99 euros.
The Sharkoon SATA QuickPort USB3.0 is available beginning calendar week 48 for the manufacturers suggested retail price of 49.99 euros.
For further information regarding the Sharkoon USB3.0 or other Sharkoon products, to request photos or other informational material, please contact us or go to http://www.sharkoon.com.
Latest News Posts
- Google Contributor reduces website ads for monthly fee
- AMD Radeon Settings, Crimson Edition driver released
- Microsoft says its worker cutback affected staff diversity
- Sony tells users not to upgrade to Windows 10
- Increase in card use ensures China's payment fraud rises
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- PC-A04 case top USB Multi-Media I/O ports replacement
- Asrock H170M-ITX\ac Windows 10 fresh install
- EASARS Unveils World of Tanks and Team RIVAL Licensed Gaming Gear
- G.SKILL Boosts DDR4 8GB Module Speed Up to 4133MHz 16GB
- Sharkoon Announces SHARK ZONE K20 Gaming Keyboard
- EK Releases Monoblock for GIGABYTE Z170X Motherboards
- BROFORCE AIR-DROPS HUGE POST LAUNCH UPDATE BECAUSE FREEDOM CANNOT BE CONTAINED