OCZ Technology Introduces the Most Affordable Indilinx-Based Solid State Drive Solution with the Value Oriented Solid 2 Series
San Jose, CA-August 11, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and computer components, today unveiled the OCZ Solid 2 SATA II 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD) Series, the ultra-affordable MLC based solid state storage solution for mainstream consumers looking to take advantage of flash based storage technology. Offering a faster and more durable alternative to traditional hard drives in a cost-efficient SSD, the Solid 2 delivers reliable performance without the high price normally associated with SSD drives.
"While solid state drives offer exceptional performance, the high cost of ownership has been a barrier for many consumers," commented Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Development at the OCZ technology Group. "It has always been our goal to make quality SSD drives affordable to the complete range of customers. By making use of the proven Indilinx controller coupled new flash technology, OCZ is excited to introduce the Solid 2 that delivers increased reliability and performance over competing traditional and solid state solutions at a price point that is truly within reach of mainstream consumers."
For users looking to upgrade their laptops or configure a cost effective RAID array in their home or office desktop PC, the OCZ Solid 2 Series is an excellent starting point into the world of SSDs. This line provides the best of both worlds -the performance and advantages of solid-state technology at an incredible value. Based on the quality Indilinx controller, the Solid 2 Series delivers an enhanced computing experience with faster application loading, snappier data access, shorter boot-ups, and longer battery life. Solid 2 SSDs feature HDD-dominating access times, up to 125MB/s read and 100MB/s write speeds, 64MB of onboard cache, and unique performance optimization to keep the drives at peak performance.
OCZ Solid 2 drives feature a durable yet lightweight alloy housing, and because OCZ SSDs have no moving parts, the drives are more rugged than conventional hard drives. Available in ample storage capacities of 60(64)GB and 120(128)GB, Solid 2 SSDs state drives meet the needs of users looking for a quality hard drive replacement.
Designed for ultimate reliability, Solid 2 Series SSDs have an excellent 1.5 million hour mean time between failure (MTBF) ensuring peace of mind over the long term. OCZ also offers a leading 3-year warranty and award-winning technical support with the Solid 2 Series, making SSDs a more viable upgrade for cautious users requiring ultimate levels of customer service.
For more information on the OCZ Solid 2 SSD, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- Black Friday, $500 off Eurocom laptop with Desktop i7 CPU and GTX 980
- ESPN subscribers diminish at an alarming rate, streaming is to blame
- Someone has hacked Street Fighter 5 Beta for the PC
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader