U.S. Patent And Trademark Office Rejects Additional Patent Claims That Rambus Is Asserting Against NVIDIA
SANTA CLARA, CA-July 14, 2009-NVIDIA today announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has initially rejected an additional eight claims challenged by NVIDIA in two patents that Rambus has asserted against it in litigation. This follows the USPTO's rejection last month of 41 other claims in seven patents that Rambus had asserted against NVIDIA.
NVIDIA has compiled a 100 percent success rate at the USPTO in challenges to the claims in the patents asserted against it by Rambus in an International Trade Commission (ITC) action filed in November 2008.
"We are pleased that the USPTO decided to review the patentability of these two additional Rambus' patents and continued to agree with NVIDIA's challenge to these eight claims," said David Shannon, NVIDIA executive vice president and general counsel. "The USPTO has now initially rejected all of the patent claims asserted by Rambus against NVIDIA in the ITC."
The ITC litigation involves memory controllers related to graphics processors.
Latest News Posts
- Konami confirms Kojima's Silent Hills video game has been terminated
- Scientists: 75 percent of very hot days due to global warming
- Restricted 'Ted 2' red band trailer brings the laughs
- AOL CEO: AOL-Yahoo merger just a 'dead notion' at this point
- Drones will be used by London police to monitor airports
- Strontium Nitro Plus 64GB OTG Pen Drive for Android Review
- ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Barebones Server Review
- Bios f7 z97-ud5h-bk
- Spam report
- Gigabyte EP45-DS3P + Xeon 5450 overclock help please
- Eurocom Launches 13.3-inch M4 Ultraportable
- Cryorig Announces the H5 Ultimate CPU Cooler
- PNY Announces the HP x755w USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis