Seagate Releases Cheetah 15K.7, Fastest, Most Efficient, and Highest Capacity
Seagate announced it is now shipping its technology-leading Cheetah 15K.7 enterprise-class hard drives into the worldwide distribution channel. As the highest performing, highest capacity 3.5-inch mission critical hard drive with best-in-class reliability for Tier 1 environments, the Cheetah 15K.7 drive is ideal for a wide range of server and storage applications. With the Cheetah 15K.7 hard drive, Seagate's technology leadership moves firmly past the competition as it delivers the industry's first 15K-rpm drive to reach the 600GB capacity point while providing record reliability of 1.6 million hours MTBF.
The Cheetah 15K.7 drive is available with the latest 6 Gb/s SAS or 4 Gb/s FC interfaces, and includes Seagate PowerTrim technology, which dynamically reduces power consumption. Together, these features enable system builders to deliver lower-cost, multi-drive servers and storage systems, making the Cheetah 15K.7 ideal for use in environments ranging from small and medium-sized businesses to the largest enterprises.
"Bell Micro's customers continue to require added capacity and performance for their server and storage systems, but many also must focus on finding ways to lower a system's total cost of ownership (TCO) or easily integrate new solutions using existing platforms," said Joe Cousins, vice president of Marketing at Bell Microproducts. "We're pleased to now offer the Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 family of drives that fill these critical needs. For users looking for the most advanced technology to create new premium systems, or those who are looking to extend the life of their existing systems, the Cheetah 15K.7 delivers the low TCO and promise of easy integration for businesses of all sizes."
Cheetah hard drives are the standard for existing enterprise systems. Cheetah drives are aimed directly at enabling businesses to sensibly grow and scale as their information needs continue, while at the same time providing the reliability required to avoid costly interruption or downtime.
For more information about the Cheetah 15K.7 drive, visit Seagate's Cheetah product page.
Latest News Posts
- Elite: Dangerous will be available for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- US transition to Chip-and-PIN cards may not stop security problems
- SoftKinetic brings hand and finger recognition to virtual reality
- Is this the most cute watercooling component you've ever seen?
- Aussie telco Telstra signs up Ikea and 7-11 owners in cloud deal
- X99 UD3 wont post, will then reboot
- ASRock P67 Transformer
- Lenovo ThinkServer TD350 Tower Server Review
- Asrock Extreme3 x99 / Xonar DX Soundcard Problem
- Noontec Zoro II HD Foldable Headphones Review
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams