Seagate Releases Cheetah 15K.7, Fastest, Most Efficient, and Highest Capacity
Seagate announced it is now shipping its technology-leading Cheetah 15K.7 enterprise-class hard drives into the worldwide distribution channel. As the highest performing, highest capacity 3.5-inch mission critical hard drive with best-in-class reliability for Tier 1 environments, the Cheetah 15K.7 drive is ideal for a wide range of server and storage applications. With the Cheetah 15K.7 hard drive, Seagate's technology leadership moves firmly past the competition as it delivers the industry's first 15K-rpm drive to reach the 600GB capacity point while providing record reliability of 1.6 million hours MTBF.
The Cheetah 15K.7 drive is available with the latest 6 Gb/s SAS or 4 Gb/s FC interfaces, and includes Seagate PowerTrim technology, which dynamically reduces power consumption. Together, these features enable system builders to deliver lower-cost, multi-drive servers and storage systems, making the Cheetah 15K.7 ideal for use in environments ranging from small and medium-sized businesses to the largest enterprises.
"Bell Micro's customers continue to require added capacity and performance for their server and storage systems, but many also must focus on finding ways to lower a system's total cost of ownership (TCO) or easily integrate new solutions using existing platforms," said Joe Cousins, vice president of Marketing at Bell Microproducts. "We're pleased to now offer the Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 family of drives that fill these critical needs. For users looking for the most advanced technology to create new premium systems, or those who are looking to extend the life of their existing systems, the Cheetah 15K.7 delivers the low TCO and promise of easy integration for businesses of all sizes."
Cheetah hard drives are the standard for existing enterprise systems. Cheetah drives are aimed directly at enabling businesses to sensibly grow and scale as their information needs continue, while at the same time providing the reliability required to avoid costly interruption or downtime.
For more information about the Cheetah 15K.7 drive, visit Seagate's Cheetah product page.
Latest News Posts
- Police called due to altercation between eSports pro and journalist
- Amazon's new Prime Air drones deliver packages in 30 minutes or less
- Star Wars Battlefront weekend PC players doubled by Team Fortress 2
- University of California develops valuable injury training simulation
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis