Logitech Unveils Black Edition of Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION 3
Wireless Guitar Controller for Guitar Hero to be Available Worldwide
FREMONT, Calif. - May 12, 2009 - Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) today announced the Logitech® Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems. Featuring authentic materials - including a wood neck and body, a rosewood fingerboard and metal frets - the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is for gamers who truly want to play like a rock star.
Following the introduction of the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller, Premiere Edition (previously available only in select markets), the new black guitar controller is expected to be available worldwide later this month. The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is licensed by Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) for the award-winning Guitar Hero® franchise.
"Logitech's new guitar controller delivers the same unparalleled Guitar Hero experience offered by our previous premiere edition to an even broader group of gamers and at a great value," said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech's director of product marketing for gaming. "Everything about the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is premium - from the authentic wood material and flawless black finish, to the noise-dampening design of the strum bar and buttons, to the authentic accents provided by the metal frets."
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller offers a one-piece contoured wood body preferred by many of the world's leading rock guitarists. For reduced button noise, Logitech uses rubber dome technology on the fret board controls, the same material used in its award-winning keyboards. The guitar controller also incorporates a touch-sensitive slider, located on the neck of the guitar controller so you can rack up the points.
So you'll be free to go where the music moves you, the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller lets you jam at a range of up to 30 feet from the console and offers hundreds of hours of battery life.
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller will be available in a pristine black finish complemented with a glossy black pick guard.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems is expected to be available this month in the U.S. for a retail price of $199.99 (U.S.) and will be available in Europe in June.
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5: Forge PC footage debuts in 4K
- Battlefield 1's Rush features lots of vehicles, timer
- Access over 300,000 TV shows with SelectTV
- VW tease electric vehicle, 300 miles on 15-minute charge
- Defense Department wants AI war technology expansion
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Asrock z170 gaming k4/d3 and the f-stream tuning program
- I Need A Fan Controller
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop