VIA and ArcSoft Bring Full HD Audio to Home Theatre PCs
Supported by ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT1828S HD audio codecs offer true 24-bit/192 kHz high-definition audio playback of Blu-ray Disc content
Taipei, Taiwan, 10 June 2009 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced that the recently launched VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs, the VIA Vinyl VT1818S and 1828S, are now supported by ArcSoft's universal multimedia player, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre.
With the rising demand for a realistic cinema experience in the comfort of the home, along with the growth in adoption of the Blu-ray Disc video format, VIA and ArcSoft have collaborated to provide an enhanced playback solution that makes home movie viewing more enjoyable than ever.
Essential for uncompromised audio performance, VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs support Blu-ray Disc audio content protection allowing for optimal, 24-bit/192 kHz audio output. Without content protection support, audio quality is dramatically reduced to that of a regular CD with a sampling rate of only 16-bit/48kHz.
"One of the most important aspects to the home theatre experience is a system's ability to provide high quality surround sound", said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "VIA's delighted that users of ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre will now be able to enjoy the multi-channel HD audio experience offered by VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs."
"ArcSoft is pleased to work with VIA in order to develop the best possible home entertainment solution for our customers," said George Tang, ArcSoft Vice President and General Manager of Video and Home Entertainment Group. "Combining our expertise in video playback with VIA's advanced HD audio technology allows us to deliver an exceptional audio visual experience to PC users."
The VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT1828S HD Audio codecs are compliant with the latest Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and also provide support for optional sound effect software, including Dolby, DTS Connect, DTS Surround Sensation, Creative and QSound and SRS.
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics devices. For further details, visit http://www.arcsoft.com
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines