VIA and ArcSoft Bring Full HD Audio to Home Theatre PCs
Supported by ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT1828S HD audio codecs offer true 24-bit/192 kHz high-definition audio playback of Blu-ray Disc content
Taipei, Taiwan, 10 June 2009 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced that the recently launched VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs, the VIA Vinyl VT1818S and 1828S, are now supported by ArcSoft's universal multimedia player, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre.
With the rising demand for a realistic cinema experience in the comfort of the home, along with the growth in adoption of the Blu-ray Disc video format, VIA and ArcSoft have collaborated to provide an enhanced playback solution that makes home movie viewing more enjoyable than ever.
Essential for uncompromised audio performance, VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs support Blu-ray Disc audio content protection allowing for optimal, 24-bit/192 kHz audio output. Without content protection support, audio quality is dramatically reduced to that of a regular CD with a sampling rate of only 16-bit/48kHz.
"One of the most important aspects to the home theatre experience is a system's ability to provide high quality surround sound", said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "VIA's delighted that users of ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre will now be able to enjoy the multi-channel HD audio experience offered by VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs."
"ArcSoft is pleased to work with VIA in order to develop the best possible home entertainment solution for our customers," said George Tang, ArcSoft Vice President and General Manager of Video and Home Entertainment Group. "Combining our expertise in video playback with VIA's advanced HD audio technology allows us to deliver an exceptional audio visual experience to PC users."
The VIA Vinyl VT1818S and VT1828S HD Audio codecs are compliant with the latest Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and also provide support for optional sound effect software, including Dolby, DTS Connect, DTS Surround Sensation, Creative and QSound and SRS.
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics devices. For further details, visit http://www.arcsoft.com
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording