Velocity Micro® Announces the Availability of Intel® Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Processor Powered PCs
Intel Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition processor-based systems immediately available on a number of gaming, workstation, and home and office systems from the boutique builder
Richmond, VA - June 3, 2009 - Velocity Micro, the premier independent builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces the immediate availability of desktop PCs powered by the newest additions to the Intel® Core i7 family of processors, the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition. With configurations starting at around $1800, the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 processor powered desktops promise extreme performance that's just the right fit for gamers, digital media editors, and PC enthusiasts.
"Velocity Micro has always made it a priority to make the very latest technology available to our customers," said Chip Lowell, Vice President of Velocity Micro. "With the introduction of the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 processors to our lineup, we continue to offer some of the most powerful, bleeding edge PCs on the market."
The new performance king of the Core i7 family, the Core i7-975 Extreme Edition runs four cores at a whopping 3.33GHz each. An unlocked multiplier makes it a highly overclockable processor, great for users looking for the most intense gaming or digital media editing experience available. At 3.06GHz, the mid-range Core i7-950 is available at a price point perfect for enthusiasts looking for serious computing power at a more mainstream value. Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition processor options will be available on select Raptor and Edge gaming systems as well as the Vector Z35 home and office desktop and the ProMagix HD60 workstation.
"These new additions to our Core i7 processor lineup are a big step forward for microprocessor technology," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Americas Sales & Marketing. "Hardcore gamers and media enthusiasts will love the extra headroom and we are thrilled that Velocity Micro is able to offer these new processors in their ultra-performance desktops at launch."
All Velocity Micro PCs are hand built and supported in the USA. To configure a Core i7 processor based system or another ultra performance desktop, notebook, or netbook, visit http://www.velocitymicro.com/. Velocity Micro desktops, peripherals, and netbooks are also available from select retailers nationwide.
About Velocity Micro
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, home office, small business, pro workstation, and visual supercomputer solutions. Velocity Micro consumer systems are available at Frys, Best Buy, and select Staples retail stores nationwide, as well as online vendors Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, CompUSA.com, and many others. For more information on Velocity Micro, please call (800) 303-7866.
Velocity Micro has earned over 45 industry awards, including 11 PC Magazine Editor's Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, Mobile PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry's best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X