Velocity Micro® Announces the Availability of Intel® Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Processor Powered PCs
Intel Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition processor-based systems immediately available on a number of gaming, workstation, and home and office systems from the boutique builder
Richmond, VA - June 3, 2009 - Velocity Micro, the premier independent builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces the immediate availability of desktop PCs powered by the newest additions to the Intel® Core i7 family of processors, the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition. With configurations starting at around $1800, the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 processor powered desktops promise extreme performance that's just the right fit for gamers, digital media editors, and PC enthusiasts.
"Velocity Micro has always made it a priority to make the very latest technology available to our customers," said Chip Lowell, Vice President of Velocity Micro. "With the introduction of the Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 processors to our lineup, we continue to offer some of the most powerful, bleeding edge PCs on the market."
The new performance king of the Core i7 family, the Core i7-975 Extreme Edition runs four cores at a whopping 3.33GHz each. An unlocked multiplier makes it a highly overclockable processor, great for users looking for the most intense gaming or digital media editing experience available. At 3.06GHz, the mid-range Core i7-950 is available at a price point perfect for enthusiasts looking for serious computing power at a more mainstream value. Core i7-950 and Core i7-975 Extreme Edition processor options will be available on select Raptor and Edge gaming systems as well as the Vector Z35 home and office desktop and the ProMagix HD60 workstation.
"These new additions to our Core i7 processor lineup are a big step forward for microprocessor technology," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Americas Sales & Marketing. "Hardcore gamers and media enthusiasts will love the extra headroom and we are thrilled that Velocity Micro is able to offer these new processors in their ultra-performance desktops at launch."
All Velocity Micro PCs are hand built and supported in the USA. To configure a Core i7 processor based system or another ultra performance desktop, notebook, or netbook, visit http://www.velocitymicro.com/. Velocity Micro desktops, peripherals, and netbooks are also available from select retailers nationwide.
About Velocity Micro
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, home office, small business, pro workstation, and visual supercomputer solutions. Velocity Micro consumer systems are available at Frys, Best Buy, and select Staples retail stores nationwide, as well as online vendors Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, CompUSA.com, and many others. For more information on Velocity Micro, please call (800) 303-7866.
Velocity Micro has earned over 45 industry awards, including 11 PC Magazine Editor's Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, Mobile PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry's best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines