Shuttle launches the first VIA based slim solutions
Compact, quiet and durable XS29/XS29F embedded slim PCs
(Taipei, Taiwan, 25 May 2009) Shuttle Inc. - the leading designer and manufacturer of small form factor (SFF) computers and accessories today announced the addition of its first VIA Nano-based models - XS29 and XS29F to the Embedded Slim series. Powered by the VIA Nano processors, the XS29 series ideally suit requirement of superb performance with great power efficiency. The XS29 series is geared at light PC users, Internet users, novices and office administrators.
"Consumers have long been looking for solutions that offer the best balance of compact, stylish design and functionality. It's even better with power efficient feature. Shuttle has dedicated to innovation following this concept and launched slim PCs in 2008 for the first time," said David Yu, chairman of Shuttle Inc. "This year, we reached a new milestone by rolling out the XS29 series and more embedded slim PCs which adapt VIA's processors of powerful performance and energy efficiency."
"The choice of VIA Nano processor in Shuttle's latest compact PC series underlines our position as an industry leader of power efficient processor platforms," said Richard Brown, Vice President of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The XS29 series represents a landmark in truly optimized, small form factor computing, the perfect fit for today's office environments."
The XS29 series comes in two versions powered by the VIA Nano processors: the XS29 is based on the VIA Nano L series processor, which is designed to deliver advanced computation and power efficiency. The XS29F is a fanless design that runs the VIA Nano U series processor which greatly reduces energy consumption and improves thermal management at the same time.
It's a conventional way to use fans as a cooling solution to dissipate heat away from computer. It usually causes noise and draws dust into the system. To avoid such concerns, the XS29F is designed without fans and enjoys the benefits of comfort including noise free, dust free and maintenance free.
The XS29 series offers "Small but can do it all" functionality that let you easily enjoy the full-featured slim PC to lead the day by accessing the Internet, emails, office applications, or simply enjoying multimedia entertainment. It is a modern solution to let you stay connected in an easy way.
The XS29 series is coming soon in June. It will be unveiled for the first time to media and industry insiders at the Shuttle Booth during COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009.
L632,L831,M638,M805, TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall
No.1, Jingmao 2nd Rd., Nangang District, Taipei
9:30-18:00, June 2~5, 2009
9:30-16:00, June 6, 2009
About Shuttle Inc.
Established in 1983 and publicly listed since 2000, Shuttle Inc (TAIEX 2405) is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of small form factor (SFF) computers and accessories. Shuttle produced the first commercially-successful SFF computer and continues to define the segment with its platform defining XPC product line. Succeeding the high reliability and quality of SFF computers, Shuttle seeks to provide further rounded solutions for digital home applications.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- 'Streets of Rage', 'Altered Beast' films on the way
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand