Shuttle launches the first VIA based slim solutions
Compact, quiet and durable XS29/XS29F embedded slim PCs
(Taipei, Taiwan, 25 May 2009) Shuttle Inc. - the leading designer and manufacturer of small form factor (SFF) computers and accessories today announced the addition of its first VIA Nano-based models - XS29 and XS29F to the Embedded Slim series. Powered by the VIA Nano processors, the XS29 series ideally suit requirement of superb performance with great power efficiency. The XS29 series is geared at light PC users, Internet users, novices and office administrators.
"Consumers have long been looking for solutions that offer the best balance of compact, stylish design and functionality. It's even better with power efficient feature. Shuttle has dedicated to innovation following this concept and launched slim PCs in 2008 for the first time," said David Yu, chairman of Shuttle Inc. "This year, we reached a new milestone by rolling out the XS29 series and more embedded slim PCs which adapt VIA's processors of powerful performance and energy efficiency."
"The choice of VIA Nano processor in Shuttle's latest compact PC series underlines our position as an industry leader of power efficient processor platforms," said Richard Brown, Vice President of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The XS29 series represents a landmark in truly optimized, small form factor computing, the perfect fit for today's office environments."
The XS29 series comes in two versions powered by the VIA Nano processors: the XS29 is based on the VIA Nano L series processor, which is designed to deliver advanced computation and power efficiency. The XS29F is a fanless design that runs the VIA Nano U series processor which greatly reduces energy consumption and improves thermal management at the same time.
It's a conventional way to use fans as a cooling solution to dissipate heat away from computer. It usually causes noise and draws dust into the system. To avoid such concerns, the XS29F is designed without fans and enjoys the benefits of comfort including noise free, dust free and maintenance free.
The XS29 series offers "Small but can do it all" functionality that let you easily enjoy the full-featured slim PC to lead the day by accessing the Internet, emails, office applications, or simply enjoying multimedia entertainment. It is a modern solution to let you stay connected in an easy way.
The XS29 series is coming soon in June. It will be unveiled for the first time to media and industry insiders at the Shuttle Booth during COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009.
L632,L831,M638,M805, TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall
No.1, Jingmao 2nd Rd., Nangang District, Taipei
9:30-18:00, June 2~5, 2009
9:30-16:00, June 6, 2009
About Shuttle Inc.
Established in 1983 and publicly listed since 2000, Shuttle Inc (TAIEX 2405) is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of small form factor (SFF) computers and accessories. Shuttle produced the first commercially-successful SFF computer and continues to define the segment with its platform defining XPC product line. Succeeding the high reliability and quality of SFF computers, Shuttle seeks to provide further rounded solutions for digital home applications.
Latest News Posts
- Meizu unveils Pro 7: Dual camera, secondary display
- Visceral's Star Wars game on schedule for 2018 release
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers