TRENDnet Announces Web Smart Switch Upgrades at Interop
TORRANCE, Calif. -May 19, 2009- TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand today, at Interop Las Vegas, announces powerful upgrades to TRENDnet's entire Web Smart Switch portfolio. New supported features include Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), IEEE 802.1X port-based Network Access Control and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
Web Smart switches offer Layer 2 switch management functionality and an intuitive Web-based management interface. As a viable alternative to fully managed switches, Web Smart switches provide customers with many of the features typically found in fully managed switches, without adding complexity or additional costs. TRENDnet Web Smart switches supported IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, Asymmetric VLAN, Quality of Service (QoS) support, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping, Trunking and Mirroring. This feature set was significantly bolstered with the addition of SNMP, STP and 802.1X support.
Switch based SNMP support permits the integration of third party network management and monitoring solutions, saving system administrators time and resources. STP technology facilitates the design of a zero-downtime network architecture in which a switching loop structure maintains network traffic even when a switch fails. Enterprise based network security is also supported with port based IEEE 802.1X technology. Designed to deliver robust security, enhanced traffic management and network redundancy TRENDnet Web Smart switches now offer even greater value and reliability at a reduced price.
"TRENDnet's 8-port to 48-port Web Smart solutions now better accommodate managed growth, support third party SNMP software and secure SMB networks without the price tag and complexity of fully managed switches," stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "Upgraded TRENDnet Web Smart switches are currently shipping. Older existing switches can be upgraded by downloading the firmware upgrade from our Website."
TRENDnet is an award winning global networking solutions brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support.
Latest News Posts
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Be Quiet! Announces Silent Base 600 Case Series
- PNY releases the Mini-mobile HP v165w USB 2.0 Flash Drive
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit