TRENDnet Announces Web Smart Switch Upgrades at Interop
TORRANCE, Calif. -May 19, 2009- TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand today, at Interop Las Vegas, announces powerful upgrades to TRENDnet's entire Web Smart Switch portfolio. New supported features include Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), IEEE 802.1X port-based Network Access Control and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
Web Smart switches offer Layer 2 switch management functionality and an intuitive Web-based management interface. As a viable alternative to fully managed switches, Web Smart switches provide customers with many of the features typically found in fully managed switches, without adding complexity or additional costs. TRENDnet Web Smart switches supported IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, Asymmetric VLAN, Quality of Service (QoS) support, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping, Trunking and Mirroring. This feature set was significantly bolstered with the addition of SNMP, STP and 802.1X support.
Switch based SNMP support permits the integration of third party network management and monitoring solutions, saving system administrators time and resources. STP technology facilitates the design of a zero-downtime network architecture in which a switching loop structure maintains network traffic even when a switch fails. Enterprise based network security is also supported with port based IEEE 802.1X technology. Designed to deliver robust security, enhanced traffic management and network redundancy TRENDnet Web Smart switches now offer even greater value and reliability at a reduced price.
"TRENDnet's 8-port to 48-port Web Smart solutions now better accommodate managed growth, support third party SNMP software and secure SMB networks without the price tag and complexity of fully managed switches," stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "Upgraded TRENDnet Web Smart switches are currently shipping. Older existing switches can be upgraded by downloading the firmware upgrade from our Website."
TRENDnet is an award winning global networking solutions brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: now $700+ on Amazon and Newegg
- Hollywood, not miners, gobbling up Radeon RX Vega supply
- Microsoft introduces Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
- Tesla's Gigafactory shows huge progress in a new video
- Final Fantasy XV will support 8K resolution on PC
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience