Kingston Technology's DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Edition Now with Apple Mac Compatibility for a Secure USB Flash Drive
256-Bit AES Hardware Encrypted Drive Popular Among Secure Minded PC Users Extends its Privacy Features Mac Users
Sydney Australia,- (May 18, 2009) - Kingston Technology Co., Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, announced today that its DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Edition (DTVP) USB Flash drive is now compatible with Apple Mac operating systems (OSX 10.4x - 10.5x).
"Our DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Edition has been popular with enterprise and government customers who use Windows-based systems and are looking for a safe and secure way to transport portable data," said Vaughan Nankivell, Regional Manager- Australia and New Zealand for Kingston Technology. "We are happy to add Mac support to this 100-percent secured drive so the Apple community can be assured they have an on-the-go storage solution that is the best on the market at safeguarding data."
Data onboard the DTVP is secured by hardware-based, on-the-fly, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). The drive has fast data transfer rates and is protected from brute-force attacks by locking down after 10 unsuccessful login attempts. After lockdown, a reformat is necessary to make the Flash drive operable again. For additional protection, the DTVP is made of aluminum and is waterproof up to a depth of four feet.
Kingston DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Edition
Kingston DataTraveler Vault - Privacy Edition Features/Specifications
• Fully Supports Macintosh OS (OSX 10.4x - 10.5x)
• Full Encryption: 100 percent of stored data is protected by hardware-based, 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
• Fast: data transfer rates of up to 24 MB/sec. read and up to 10 MB/sec write*
• Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 intrusion attempts
• Enforced Password Protection: complex password is user set with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access
• Easy to Use: no admin rights or application installation required
• Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free customer support
• Durable: aluminum casing
• Waterproof: protects against water damage**
• Dimensions: 3.06? x 0.9? x 0.47? (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
• Capacities***: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
• Compatibility: designed to USB 2.0 specifications
• Operating Temperatures: 32º F to 140º F (0º C to 60º C)
• Storage Temperatures: -4º F to 185º F (-20º C to 85º C)
* Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage
** Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
*** Please note: Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at http://www.kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
Product and Pricing Summary
Manufacturer: Kingston Technology
Product Name : Kingston DataTraveler Vault-Privacy Edition
RRP 16GB: A$749, NZ$1148
RRP 32GB: A$1139, NZ$1490
Australian Distributors: Avnet Australia Pty Ltd, Ingram Micro, Simms International Pty Ltd., Synnex Australia PTY Ltd.
New Zealand Distributors: Ingram Micro NZ, Synnex NZ
Availability: Shipping Now
High Resolution Images
32GB Data Traveler Vault Privacy Edition
For more information, please go to http://www.kingston.com/anz/.
To discuss this product on Kingston Blog, please go to http://www.kingston-blog.com.
To find out if your Kingston product is genuine, Kingston also provides an online verification site: http://www.kingston.com/asia/verify.
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, Malaysia and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Europe, Russia, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com/anz