Noctua presents NF-S12B premium fan
Vienna, April 21st 2009 - Noctua today introduced the new NF-S12B 120mm premium fan. Succeeding the vastly successful NF-S12, the NF-S12B is a next generation quiet fan featuring Noctua's advanced SCD2 technology as well as a highly optimised blade geometry with Bevelled Blade Tips that improves its award-winning predecessor's airflow efficiency by up to 10%.
"Our popular NF-S12 series is renowned for its excellent airflow/noise ratio, so further improving it was by no means an easy feat", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "It took us quite a lot of time and effort, but we couldn't be happier with the result. The new NF-S12B doesn't only provide more airflow at the same noise level than the original NF-S12, it also produces higher static pressure."
Building on the proven basis of the original NF-S12 impeller, the design goal for the NF-S12B was to further improve its predecessor's much acclaimed airflow/noise ratio and to increase static pressure in order to allow for a broader range of applications. These goals have been achieved by reducing the tip clearance at the leading edge and adding Bevelled Blade-Tips, a feature first introduced with the NF-B9 92mm fan.
In addition to its highly optimised impeller design, the NF-S12B features Noctua's time-tested premium quality SSO-Bearing as well as Smooth Commutation Drive 2, the latest version of Noctua's advanced drive system that ensures superb running smoothness by eliminating torque variations and switching noises.
The NF-S12B is available in two versions: Whereas the FLX (Flexibility) version provides 1200, 900 and 600 rpm speed settings via the supplied Low-Noise and Ultra-Low-Noise Adapters in order to fine-tune it for superior airflow or maximum quietness, the ULN (Ultra-Low-Noise) version with 700/500rpm speed settings is tailor made for silent enthusiasts who demand super-slow running speeds and utmost quietness of operation.
Pricing and Availability:
The NF-S12B FLX and NF-S12B ULN are available immediately at a suggested retail price of EUR 19.90 / USD 24.90.
Designed in Austria, Noctua's premium cooling components are internationally renowned for their superb quietness, exceptional performance and thoroughgoing quality. Having received more than 800 awards and recommendations from leading hardware websites and magazines, Noctua's fans and heatsinks are chosen by more than a hundred thousand satisfied customers around the globe.
Latest News Posts
- Virtual reality being used to help train football players
- Lovense teams up with Virtual Real Porn for adult-themed VR content
- Free-to-play MMORPG Tera proves to be extremely popular on Steam
- View the heartfelt 'Batkid Begins' documentary trailer
- Microsoft continues to add Windows 10 Xbox app functionality
- Just wanted to say Hello.
- Im glad I finally registered
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 ROG Matrix Platinum Video Card Review
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- I have an AsRock330, how upgradeable?
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling