Noctua presents NF-S12B premium fan
Vienna, April 21st 2009 - Noctua today introduced the new NF-S12B 120mm premium fan. Succeeding the vastly successful NF-S12, the NF-S12B is a next generation quiet fan featuring Noctua's advanced SCD2 technology as well as a highly optimised blade geometry with Bevelled Blade Tips that improves its award-winning predecessor's airflow efficiency by up to 10%.
"Our popular NF-S12 series is renowned for its excellent airflow/noise ratio, so further improving it was by no means an easy feat", explains Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "It took us quite a lot of time and effort, but we couldn't be happier with the result. The new NF-S12B doesn't only provide more airflow at the same noise level than the original NF-S12, it also produces higher static pressure."
Building on the proven basis of the original NF-S12 impeller, the design goal for the NF-S12B was to further improve its predecessor's much acclaimed airflow/noise ratio and to increase static pressure in order to allow for a broader range of applications. These goals have been achieved by reducing the tip clearance at the leading edge and adding Bevelled Blade-Tips, a feature first introduced with the NF-B9 92mm fan.
In addition to its highly optimised impeller design, the NF-S12B features Noctua's time-tested premium quality SSO-Bearing as well as Smooth Commutation Drive 2, the latest version of Noctua's advanced drive system that ensures superb running smoothness by eliminating torque variations and switching noises.
The NF-S12B is available in two versions: Whereas the FLX (Flexibility) version provides 1200, 900 and 600 rpm speed settings via the supplied Low-Noise and Ultra-Low-Noise Adapters in order to fine-tune it for superior airflow or maximum quietness, the ULN (Ultra-Low-Noise) version with 700/500rpm speed settings is tailor made for silent enthusiasts who demand super-slow running speeds and utmost quietness of operation.
Pricing and Availability:
The NF-S12B FLX and NF-S12B ULN are available immediately at a suggested retail price of EUR 19.90 / USD 24.90.
Designed in Austria, Noctua's premium cooling components are internationally renowned for their superb quietness, exceptional performance and thoroughgoing quality. Having received more than 800 awards and recommendations from leading hardware websites and magazines, Noctua's fans and heatsinks are chosen by more than a hundred thousand satisfied customers around the globe.
Latest News Posts
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience