Shuttle presents the mini PC barebone for DDR3 memory
The XPC Barebone SX48P2 Deluxe starts up with an extensive equipment package - the peak of mini-PC performance with 1600 MHz FSB
Shuttle Inc., market leader in the mini-PC segment and manufacturer of Multi-Form-Factor solutions, today unveils a new XPC Barebone from the P2 model series building on Intel's X48 Express chipset. Specially designed for high performance systems, the XPC Barebone SX48P2 Deluxe is ideally suited for Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors with up to four cores.
The XPC Barebone SX48P2 Deluxe is the first mini PC barebone ready to be equipped with DDR3 memory modules. A maximum capacity of eight Gigabytes on four sockets can be installed into this model.
"The pioneering DDR3 memory technology promises more performance with less energy consumption and reduces heat development which is ideal for mini PCs," explains Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. Two PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots enable the use of high-end graphics cards with an ATI Radeon[TM] HD 4870 being supported as well.
Also part of this performance class is the further enhanced equipment package. The Shuttle XPC Barebone SX48P2 Deluxe comes with wi-fi, bluetooth, a fingerprint reader, USB speed link function and even two heat pipe cooling systems already built-in. Two Gigabit-LAN interfaces with load balancing and failover function on the rear are provided for fast networking. Two eSATA connectors with the appropriate power supply for external drives are also found at the back. To make sure this mini PC works smoothly under load in maximum configuration, a power supply certified for 80 PLUS with 450 Watt supplies all components with sufficient power. The digital 8-phase voltage transformer on the mainboard ensures this even with high level usage.
This high-performance package is rounded off with Dolby® Digital Live! and DTS[TM] Connect-certified 8-channel sound.
Shuttle XPC Barebone SX48P2 Deluxe:
- Intel® X48 Express / ICH9R chipset
- Supports 45nm processors and/or current models of the Intel® Core[TM] 2 Extreme / Core[TM] 2 Quad / Core[TM] 2 Duo Series with Socket 775 (up to FSB 1600)
- Max. 8 GB Dual Channel DDR3-1600
- 8-channel HD audio with Dolby® Digital Live! and DTS[TM] Connect
- 2x PCI-E 2.0 X16, 1x Mini-PCIe
- 2x Gigabit LAN
- 8x USB 2.0
- 4x SATA2, 2x eSATA
- USB Speed-Link
- Fingerprint reader
- I.C.E. Heat pipe cooling with OASIS module
- Solid capacitors
- 450 watt power supply (80 PLUS)
- 325(D) x 220(W) x 210(H) mm
The Shuttle XPC Barebone SX48P2 Deluxe is available now. Shuttle's recommended retail price is EUR 485 (without VAT).
Latest News Posts
- Want another Mirror's Edge game? That's up to you, says EA
- AIDA64 developers spill the beans on NVIDIA's full Pascal line up
- Foxconn has replaced more than half its workers with robots
- Usernames, media won't count toward Twitter character limit soon
- Wooting one analog mechanical keyboard hits Kickstarter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- LaCie 8big Thunderbolt 2 1U Rack Review
- PC won't boot - it trys, all fans run for approx 5 secs then shut down and start again!
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition