OCZ Technology Introduces Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) SODIMMs, Offering Enthusiasts the Ultimate Memory Upgrade for High Performance Laptops
San Jose, Calif.-April 9, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, is pleased to be one of the first to offer Intel® Extreme SODIMM modules to the enthusiast market. These memory solutions implement a high-performance specification optimized and predefined for platforms utilizing Intel Core 2 Extreme mobile processors. Extending beyond a traditional capacity upgrade for high-end gaming and professional laptops, OCZ's XMP SODIMMs offer superior performance qualified by Intel for ultimate compatibility and stability.
Designed to significantly increase performance levels of the entire notebook, these new modules feature Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), an exclusive set of SPD (Serial Presence Detect) settings that act as an integrated "plug and play" overclocking tool for enhanced memory performance. With a long history of providing the most innovative products to the enthusiast community, OCZ is excited to be among the first to take advantage of Intel's interest and development of overclocking platforms extending beyond desktops to mobile gamers, enthusiasts, and professionals.
"XMP is for performance what 3D is for games, and the introduction of the profiles allows on-the-go enthusiasts to make the most of their Intel mobile platforms," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology development at OCZ Technology. "As a result for our involvement with Intel from the very beginning of the mobile XMP concept, today we are releasing 2GB high performance SODIMMs designed as a no-compromise solution to complement Intel's mobile computing platform for the ultimate user experience."
OCZ's premier XMP-Ready SODIMM memory will be available as OCZ DDR3 PC3-8500 4GB kits or single 2GB modules and are configured to run 1066MHz at CL6-6-6 latencies that will immediately boot at the rated specs on any Intel Core 2 Extreme and Centrino® 2 system. Each OCZ XMP SODIMM memory module is backed by the industry-leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
For more information on the OCZ Intel Extreme Edition Mobile Memory, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015