Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced the availability of two new offerings in its server memory product portfolio: 32 GB DDR4 VLP RDIMMs and 64 GB DDR4 LRDIMMs. With speeds of 2400 MT/s and engineered to enable higher densities by implementing a dual stack of 8 Gb DDR4 DRAM die to engineer a single 16 Gb component, these new DDR4 server memory modules allow for increased memory density, performance and bandwidth.
The 32 GB VLP RDIMMs are the highest density server memory modules Crucial offers for that module form factor, and are almost half the height (40 percent shorter) of a standard RDIMM module. These high density modules help enable memory dense systems like blade servers and microservers without compromising performance. Additionally, they can be installed at a 90-degree angle to the motherboard in these height-constrained systems, which enables better airflow to keep the system cool..
The 64 GB LRDIMM is the highest density server memory module that Crucial offers and adds increased capacity to systems compatible with LRDIMMs. The modules utilize a memory buffer chip to present a single logical rank to the server, allowing more DIMMs to be populated per channel without reducing memory bandwidth.
"Crucial's latest additions to its DDR4 server memory line-up is our highest density offerings to date and enables greater installed memory per server," said Michael Moreland, Crucial worldwide product manager. "These new server modules provide density levels appropriate for memory intensive applications like data analytics and modeling, as well as meeting the needs in the hyperscale environments."
The 32 GB DDR4 16 Gb-based VLP RDIMMs and 64 GB DDR4 16 Gb-based LRDIMMs are optimized for the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family, allowing companies to maximize next-generation deployments. Both modules are available for purchase at http://www.crucial.com and through select global partners. All Crucial memory is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook