Peacekeeper Benchmark Enters the Browser Wars
New online benchmark from Futuremark reveals huge gap in performance between browsers
HELSINKI, FINLAND - MARCH 12th, 2009 - Futuremark® Corporation today unveiled Peacekeeper, a free online benchmarking tool for measuring and comparing the performance of common internet browsers.
Competition between browsers has never been as hotly contested, nor have internet users had as many choices as they do now. The big five:
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera, see regular releases of new and innovative features and each camp's fans keep many a forum and blog busy.
So far, words have been the only shots fired in the long-running browser wars. Now, with Peacekeeper web users finally have an easy to use, impartial tool for measuring and comparing the performance of different web browsers.
Jukka Mäkinen, Head of PC Products and Services at Futuremark, said, "People have more choice now in how they experience the internet than ever before. But they may not realize that performance between browsers can vary dramatically, especially on lower-end PCs. With Peacekeeper, it's simple to compare different browsers and see which one offers the best performance on your PC."
Many websites, such as social networks, video sharing communities and webmail services, place a heavy load on the web browser. For people who use these sites a lot, changing browsers to one that performs faster can make visiting those sites more fun, with less waiting for pages to load and display correctly. Peacekeeper makes that choice easier than ever.
About Futuremark Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation is the leading provider of performance analysis software and services for PCs and smartphones. Futuremark® is known around the world for its benchmark products, including 3DMark® (with more than 45 million copies distributed worldwide), PCMark®, SPMark and VGMark and value-added services powered by the ORB, an online database of over 30 million real life benchmarking results. Futuremark maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com
© 2009 Futuremark® Corporation. Peacekeeper, 3DMark®, PCMark®, SPMark and VGMark trademarks and logos, Futuremark character names and distinctive likenesses, are the exclusive property of Futuremark Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset