ESL One Cologne, the world's most successful Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament, returns to Germany's iconic LANXESS arena in 2016. Once again taking place in Germany's largest indoor arena from July 8-10, the record-holding event will feature competition between the world's finest Counter-Strike teams for a total of US$250,000 in prize money.
The inaugural event in 2015 saw foot traffic reach record-breaking highs of 22,000 across the two event days. Online, over 27 million unique viewers watched the legendary tournament for a combined total of close to 34 million hours consumed, with a peak concurrent viewership of over 1.3 million. Both company and industry records were shattered across the event weekend and remain unbeaten as ESL prepares for the second edition of what once again promises to be the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament.
"ESL One Cologne 2015 remains an industry-record-holding event that saw epic moments realised both onscreen and off," said Ulrich Schulze, VP Pro Gaming at ESL. "We're working hard at making the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament an even greater success in 2016 and look forward to furthering our company's long-lasting commitment to the game."
Ticket sales for ESL One Cologne in the LANXESS arena begin on December 9 and will be available exclusively on Eventim until Friday, December 11, and at all associated ticketing agencies in Germany from December 12. Prices range from €39.90 for general entry, to €2,999 for the Global Elite Experience with private lounge access. Around the event there will once again be a host of side activities, many of which will be at the ESL One Camp, which offers accommodation and a friendly community for those attending ESL One Cologne.
More information can be found at http://www.esl-one.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse