ESL One Cologne, the world's most successful Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament, returns to Germany's iconic LANXESS arena in 2016. Once again taking place in Germany's largest indoor arena from July 8-10, the record-holding event will feature competition between the world's finest Counter-Strike teams for a total of US$250,000 in prize money.
The inaugural event in 2015 saw foot traffic reach record-breaking highs of 22,000 across the two event days. Online, over 27 million unique viewers watched the legendary tournament for a combined total of close to 34 million hours consumed, with a peak concurrent viewership of over 1.3 million. Both company and industry records were shattered across the event weekend and remain unbeaten as ESL prepares for the second edition of what once again promises to be the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament.
"ESL One Cologne 2015 remains an industry-record-holding event that saw epic moments realised both onscreen and off," said Ulrich Schulze, VP Pro Gaming at ESL. "We're working hard at making the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament an even greater success in 2016 and look forward to furthering our company's long-lasting commitment to the game."
Ticket sales for ESL One Cologne in the LANXESS arena begin on December 9 and will be available exclusively on Eventim until Friday, December 11, and at all associated ticketing agencies in Germany from December 12. Prices range from €39.90 for general entry, to €2,999 for the Global Elite Experience with private lounge access. Around the event there will once again be a host of side activities, many of which will be at the ESL One Camp, which offers accommodation and a friendly community for those attending ESL One Cologne.
More information can be found at http://www.esl-one.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New Google Pixel 2 leak: The headphone jack is gone
- Meizu unveils Pro 7: Dual camera, secondary display
- Visceral's Star Wars game on schedule for 2018 release
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers