ESL One Cologne, the world's most successful Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament, returns to Germany's iconic LANXESS arena in 2016. Once again taking place in Germany's largest indoor arena from July 8-10, the record-holding event will feature competition between the world's finest Counter-Strike teams for a total of US$250,000 in prize money.
The inaugural event in 2015 saw foot traffic reach record-breaking highs of 22,000 across the two event days. Online, over 27 million unique viewers watched the legendary tournament for a combined total of close to 34 million hours consumed, with a peak concurrent viewership of over 1.3 million. Both company and industry records were shattered across the event weekend and remain unbeaten as ESL prepares for the second edition of what once again promises to be the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament.
"ESL One Cologne 2015 remains an industry-record-holding event that saw epic moments realised both onscreen and off," said Ulrich Schulze, VP Pro Gaming at ESL. "We're working hard at making the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament an even greater success in 2016 and look forward to furthering our company's long-lasting commitment to the game."
Ticket sales for ESL One Cologne in the LANXESS arena begin on December 9 and will be available exclusively on Eventim until Friday, December 11, and at all associated ticketing agencies in Germany from December 12. Prices range from €39.90 for general entry, to €2,999 for the Global Elite Experience with private lounge access. Around the event there will once again be a host of side activities, many of which will be at the ESL One Camp, which offers accommodation and a friendly community for those attending ESL One Cologne.
More information can be found at http://www.esl-one.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct incoming
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook