ESL One Cologne, the world's most successful Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament, returns to Germany's iconic LANXESS arena in 2016. Once again taking place in Germany's largest indoor arena from July 8-10, the record-holding event will feature competition between the world's finest Counter-Strike teams for a total of US$250,000 in prize money.
The inaugural event in 2015 saw foot traffic reach record-breaking highs of 22,000 across the two event days. Online, over 27 million unique viewers watched the legendary tournament for a combined total of close to 34 million hours consumed, with a peak concurrent viewership of over 1.3 million. Both company and industry records were shattered across the event weekend and remain unbeaten as ESL prepares for the second edition of what once again promises to be the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament.
"ESL One Cologne 2015 remains an industry-record-holding event that saw epic moments realised both onscreen and off," said Ulrich Schulze, VP Pro Gaming at ESL. "We're working hard at making the world's largest Counter-Strike tournament an even greater success in 2016 and look forward to furthering our company's long-lasting commitment to the game."
Ticket sales for ESL One Cologne in the LANXESS arena begin on December 9 and will be available exclusively on Eventim until Friday, December 11, and at all associated ticketing agencies in Germany from December 12. Prices range from €39.90 for general entry, to €2,999 for the Global Elite Experience with private lounge access. Around the event there will once again be a host of side activities, many of which will be at the ESL One Camp, which offers accommodation and a friendly community for those attending ESL One Cologne.
More information can be found at http://www.esl-one.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni