Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today announced that the PlayStation 4 (PS4) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 30.2 million units*1 worldwide as of November 22. PS4 continues to demonstrate the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history.
PS4 is a uniform system on which gamers everywhere can enjoy the same high-quality digital entertainment experiences. The rapid expansion of the PS4 platform further reinforces the foundation of delivering compelling entertainment experiences. Customers can choose from multiple offerings available on this most favored platform that ranges from games on discs or through digital download to a variety of services available on PlayStation Network, including PlayStation Plus membership service, apps for streaming video, music and TV content. The 30.2 million PS4 owners around the world are spending more time playing games and enjoying entertainment content as the company further enriches content and services.
"We are sincerely grateful that gamers across the globe have continued to choose PS4 as the best place to play since launch two years ago," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are committed to bringing engaging games and entertainment services to users worldwide. Thanks to the support of our partners, PS4 continues to be the premier platform for game and interactive entertainment innovation.
The PS4 system's games portfolio will continue to broaden this holiday season and beyond with highly anticipated titles such as DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS (SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.), Ryu Ga Gotoku KIWAMI (SEGA Games Co., Ltd.), Bloodborne The Old Hunters Edition, Gravity Rush Remastered, and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (SCE Worldwide Studios). The independent development community will also continue to deliver innovative new titles for PS4 including GALAK-Z (17-BIT) and Super Time Force Ultra (Capybara Games).*2
SCE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation. Michael Ephraim, Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Australia said "We are really excited to continue to make PlayStation the best place to play and be entertained with our ever growing suite of endless entertainment options such as Stan, Netflix, Spotify, ABC iview, PLUS7, SBS On Demand and Quickflix. This Xmas will have something for everyone in the PlayStation eco system and our plan is to expand our entertainment offering throughout next year".
The PS4 system is currently available in 124 countries and regions*3 worldwide.
*1 Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI. PS4 sales data in Japan collected 2/22/2014 - 11/22/2015, in North America collected 11/15/2013 - 11/21/2015, in Europe and Latin America collected 11/29/2013 - 11/21/2015, and in Asia collected 12/17/2013 - 11/22/2015.
*2 Title line-up as well as the number of titles differ by region.
*3 Number as of 11/16/2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- KFC's own VR training game teaches you to cook chicken
- Need for Speed: Payback showed off at 4K 60FPS on the PC
- Quake Champions enters Steam Early Access on the PC
- Destiny 2 rocks on the PC with its new 4K 60FPS trailer
- Intel Core i9-7980XE pre-orders begins, priced at $1999
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience