ASUS today announced the latest X Series laptops - X456, X556, and X756. These 14-, 15.6- and 17.3-inch laptops feature elegant glossy, spun-, or brushed-metal-effect finish chassis and are available in five expressive colors: Chocolate Brown, Navy Blue, Arctic Snow, Glamour Red, and Icicle Gold. ASUS X Series is powered by up to the latest 6th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, and feature up to NVIDIA GeForce 940M graphics for gaming-grade Full HD visuals. In addition, ASUS Eye Care technology reduces blue light emission by up to 33% to protect users' eyes during long hours of use.
Intel Core performance and NVIDIA graphics
ASUS X Series laptops are powered by the up to latest 6th-generation Intel Core i7 processor with up to 8GB RAM (expandable to 16 GB), and NVIDIA GeForce 940M graphics. With Windows 10 preinstalled, X Series is ideal for daily computing and entertainment tasks. Users can opt for a 2 TB hard disk, or upgrade to a solid-state disk for faster data access speeds.
ASUS Eye Care technology effectively reduces blue light levels by up to 33% to protect users' eyes, and it does this without compromising display contrast. It is designed to reduce instances of eye strain and other damaging effects on the eye for users who spend long hours in front of their computer. ASUS X Series delivers crisp Full HD visuals, with ASUS Splendid technology providing color temperature correction and optimization for richer, deeper colors. There are three optimized modes: Vivid Mode enhances contrast for photos or movies, Normal Mode for daily computing, and Manual Mode for advanced color adjustments. ASUS SonicMaster technology is designed to give users the best notebook audio experience; with ASUS AudioWizard providing six different audio presets optimized for various types of content.
Elegant, expressive designs
ASUS X Series laptops feature three cover designs. Depending on the model, users can choose between glossy Glamor Red, Chocolate Brown, or Arctic Snow; a Navy Blue spun-metal-effect finish, or brushed-metal-effect Icicle Gold finish. These elegant laptops are engineered with the user in mind as well, and incorporate a host of hardware and software features to enhance the user experience. ASUS IceCool Technology incorporates a unique internal design to address uncomfortable heating issues, by preventing heat build-up underneath the palm rest. Heat-generating components are moved away from the user to ensure palm rest surfaces stay between 28°C to 35°C - significantly lower than body temperature - to ensure a comfortable user experience even after hours of computing. ASUS X Series laptops use lithium-polymer (Li-poly) batteries that are designed for up to 700 charge cycles, giving them 2.5 times (2.5X) the lifespan of standard Li-ion cylinder batteries. Li-poly batteries also retain up to 80% of their original charge capacity even after hundreds of charge cycles, so users won't have to worry about deteriorating battery performance.
Extensive connectivity including USB Type-C
ASUS X Series laptops feature reversible USB Type-C ports for added convenience. With these, users can enjoy USB 3.1 Gen 1 data transmission speeds of up to 5Gbit/s - 10 times (10X) that of USB 2.0. Additional connectivity options include standard USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, along with HDMI and VGA output for external displays. The laptops also feature a 3-in-1 SD/SDHC/SDXC card reader, an RJ-45 Ethernet port and a DVD Super Multi optical disc drive.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design