APACK ZEROtherm Hurricane HC92 Cu 8800
ZEROtherm is the latest company to enter the high performance VGA cooling market and their Hurricane HC92 has been very popular with overclocking enthusiasts. ZEROtherm not only provided an external fan speed controller for the HC92 but it also has three performance modes right out of the box; Standard, Overclocking and Passive. The secret sits with the fan and fan shroud, remove them all for passive cooling (for cards rated under 50 watts), remove just the shroud and you have entered "Overclocking" mode or use it right out of the box with both installed for "Standard" mode.
World First 3 in 1 VGA Cooler
Fanless Passive Mode
4-pcs 99.99% pure copper heatpipes
Manual Fan Speed Controller
RAMDAC chipset, Memory and FETs Heatsinks
Optimized for NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 Series
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series
The HC92 Cu has a large window that allows you to see the entire cooler and has several of the features listed.
All of the technical specs are listed on the back as well as the fan speed range that can be achieved.
We will be testing the Hurricane as pictured in its standard mode with the fan and shroud installed.
The cooler uses four copper heatpipes and all of the primary components are made of copper as well.
The cooler has an odd profile when compared to the other coolers in this round up, but diversity is good. When mounted on a graphics card the cooler looks good, and if you have a side window passer bys will stop to take a second look.
The shroud has several holes that will reduce pressure on the inside, making the cooler a little quieter.
The accessory package is well thought out with the Hurricane. ZEROtherm was the only company that supplied a RAMDAC cooler that was not held on by double sided tape.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 2900]
- Page 3 [Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 8800]
- Page 4 [Auras Fridge (JES-988)]
- Page 5 [Coolink GFXChilla]
- Page 6 [GIGABYTE V-Power]
- Page 7 [Thermaltake DuOrb]
- Page 8 [Thermaltake TMG ND5]
- Page 9 [Thermalright HR-03 GT]
- Page 10 [APACK ZEROtherm Hurricane HC92 Cu 8800]
- Page 11 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 12 [Testing Results]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20