Anybody know what cuases this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what cuases this?

With ATI brand video cards I get black lines on my desktop from time to time. I never noticed it happening with the previous Ati driver but with the new driver and most other drivers before the previous one I sometimes get lines like the one below upon bootup. What causes this?

Comment

You said it yourself: drivers. Here you can see they encountered it before on w98. My suggention regarding drivers: If the machine works, don't change drivers.
      :2cents:

Comment

Spongebob: Which Catalyst Driver are you using, and is your card overclocked?

Comment

Originally posted by weta
          Spongebob: Which Catalyst Driver are you using, and is your card overclocked?
          I was using version 6.14.10.6387 but now I switched to the latest Omega drivers and everything is fine for now. No overclock.

Heres a thread where I might have discovered the problem I was having. It wasn't just the black line in the background. Thanks to a game I discovered something wasn't right at all.

I'm thinking the problem stemmed from either having Fastwrite enabled or maybe DBI Output for AGP Trans enabled in Cmos, the later more so than the first. Those settings worked fine enabled with the old drivers (last months) but previous drivers before that and the new ones seem to make my system do strange things. I'm going to reinstall the new ATI drivers again sometime soon to see if that was the cuase.

Comment

Working...
          X