"JON PEDDIE RESEARCH" content on TweakTown - Page 1
We found 39 items for the tag: JON PEDDIE RESEARCH
Intel gaming GPU sales didn't catch up to AMD, the wrong GPUs were counted
The reason why Intel and AMD market share for desktop GPU shipments were neck and neck was due to the incorrect counting of 60,000+ data center GPUs.
How many desktop GPUs is Intel now selling? As many as AMD, apparently
NVIDIA is still the clear top dog, but Intel is now level with AMD for market share when it comes to GPU shipments, and that's a surprise to say the least.
JPR reports biggest GPU market drop in Q3 2022 since 2009
JPR notes that GPU shipments dropped by the biggest margin since the 2009 recession: AMD shipments are down 47.6% and NVIDIA shipments are down 19.7%.
GPU market share: NVIDIA commands with 80%, leaves AMD with 20%
NVIDIA commands with 80% of the discrete GPU market share, leaving AMD with just 20% and Intel... well... yeah. JPR's new Q2 2022 data sheds light.
JPR: NVIDIA shipped 25.7% less GPUs this quarter, AMD ships 7.6% less
Jon Peddie Research's new report shows Q2 2022 GPU shipments dropped 15% from last quarter: NVIDIA and AMD GPU shipments are down, with NVIDIA down 25.7%.
Intel should shut down or sell off its GPU division, says analyst
JPR estimates $3.5 billion in losses from Intel's Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics (AXG), says they should shut down their GPU department.
GPU market hit $51.8 billion in 2021, 50+ million GPUs shipped in 2021
There were over 50 million GPUs shipped in 2021, with the GPU market reaching $51.8 billion in value -- and soon enters Intel.
GPU shipments are up 25% over last year, what GPU shortages?!
JPR research notes that AIB partner shipments of GPUs increased 25.7% this quarter compared to last year, with 12.7M units shipped.
AMD GPU shipments decline in Q3 2021, NVIDIA pumps up GPU shipments
AMD GPU shipments decrease 11% in Q3 2021, while NVIDIA GPU shipments increased by 3% in the same quarter according to JPR data.
GPU market share for Q2 2021 sees NVIDIA dominate AMD easily
GPU growth smashes 37% year-over-year with NVIDIA dominating with 83% discrete GPU market share, AMD with just 17% market share.
GPU market so far this year has shipped 119 million units, 38% growth
GPU sales are pumpin' through the middle of the worst tech shortage in history, with 119 million graphics cards in Q1 2021 alone.
AMD Radeon GPU market share dies down, NVIDIA domination continues
AMD Radeon GPU market share drops 33% year-over-year, NVIDIA dominating, crypto mining and next-gen consoles are hurting it all.
JPR: NVIDIA has 80% of GPU market, takes more from AMD before Big Navi
NVIDIA secured even more of the discrete GPU market in the last few months, now has 80% of the market -- leaving AMD with 20%.
Flight Simulator will generate $2.6 billion in PC hardware sales
Analysts suggest Flight Simulator will generate $2.6 billion in hardware sales over the next 3 years with all new upgrades.
AMD overtakes NVIDIA in graphics market share, first time in 5 years
For the first time in 5 years, AMD reigns supreme over NVIDIA when it comes to graphics market share.
Analyst: 20 million PC gamers will jump to consoles by 2022
20 million is less than 2% of the current PC gaming population.
JPR on GPU shipments: AMD and NVIDIA both lost in Q4 2018
NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel all saw overall GPU shipment decreases for Q4 2018.
AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market
Analyst: 3 million GPUs sold to crypto miners in 2017 alone
Jon Peddie Research GPU market report shows 3 million graphics cards sold to crypto miners in 2017.
AMD loses 2% discrete GPU market back to NVIDIA
AMD's discrete GPU market share drops by 2% in the last quarter.
NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
NVIDIA gains GPU market share in Q4 2016, while AMD lost a little GPU market share.
PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
The PC gaming hardware market exceeded $30 billion globally in 2016, and 2017 is set to grow even further.
AMD is gaining back GPU market share in a big way
AMD now has 29.1% of the GPU market, NVIDIA takes 70.1% - but AMD has improved from its 18.8% from last year.
PC hardware sales 122% higher than console sales in 2016
Console sales hit $90 billion during 2016, while PC hardware sales smash past $200 billion.
GPU shipments up 20.4% from last quarter, PC is strong
Total GPU shipments increased in Q3 2016, up 20.4% over Q2 2016.
GPU shipments increase this quarter, but down 9% from 2014
AMD and NVIDIA both see increased quarterly shipments, but the dGPU market declined 9% from 2014.
NVIDIA has 76% of GPU market share, leaving AMD with just 24%
NVIDIA is dominating GPU market share according to JPR's latest data, with 76% of the GPU market share. This leaves AMD with the remaining 24%
NVIDIA seeing less than 5% of GeForce GTX 970 returned for VRAM issues
After "VRAMgate" issues of the GeForce GTX 970, NVIDIA is seeing just 5% of consumers returning their cards according to JPR.
Latest JPR numbers see AMD losing ground to Intel and NVIDIA
NVIDIA and Intel squeeze AMD a little tighter in Q4 2013, according to JPR's latest numbers.
GPU shipments down for Q4 2012 according to JPR
JPR: GPU shipments are down for Q4 2012 - we need some new GPUs!
Jon Peddie Research Reports Q4 Graphics Shipments
Q3 report on the graphics card market: Shipments are up 18.4%, Intel has 60% of the market
GPU shipments up 18.4% on-year, Intel chomps up over 60% of the market.
Computer Graphics Chip Shipments Dive in Q4 '08
According to Jon Peddie Research.