Spreading out the wiring harness gives us a sure indicator that this particular model does not make use of a modular design. There are both positive and negative points to this layout, but this is the more reliable method of doing business. On the other hand, a modular design makes case cooling a whole lot easier. Of course, just because it looks ordinary does not make it so.
In its standard configuration, this power supply includes a 20+4-pin primary power coupling, both a 4-pin and 8-pin auxiliary power couplers, four PCI-E connectors to handle a Quad-GPU setup, four Molex connectors and ten SATA connectors. There is also a grounding wire for those with a desire for the best in safety. This isn't exactly your run of the mill arrangement of power connectors, but there is still a bit of flexibility up the sleeve. After all, four Molex isn't that great a setup for most.
Earlier you heard me list one of the contents as four Molex adapters. Above is what I was referring to. There use is very simple; just attach it to the end of a SATA connector and it converts that connection into a standard 4-pin Molex. In the event you are not using ten SATA hard drives or optical devices, this raises the total number of Molex connections to eight, which is very acceptable.
Above is one of the adapters attached to the SATA connector and ready for use. I had no problems with this adapter and all devices attached worked as they should.
Another difference from the ordinary power supply are the PCI-E couplers. They are made of a less brittle plastic that you generally see on this type of connection and also are easier to handle. I have heard of issues where they are difficult to use with the nVidia 8800 series graphics boards due to their larger size and the close proximity of the power attachments on this board, but since I tested this device on a dual ATI setup I cannot confirm this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit