In The Box - Literally!
It isn't often that I am surprised when it comes to product reviews, but the small suitcase used to house this product is an exception. Allow me to open it up for you to see what we will see within...
Everything is neatly packed and there are even leather pouches built into the inside of the lid. This will allow you to easily convert the case to an easy to use storage device for coolers, tools, or whatever for your next LAN Party. Lets get everything out and see what we have to deal with.
After opening up the box, we are greeted with the power supply, a new power cord complete with the magnetic clamps to control electromagnetic interference, some Velcro tie-downs for cable management, mounting screws, four Molex adapters (we'll talk about those in a bit), a splitter giving you a pair of FDD connectors, and a small manual.
A quick note regarding the FDD splitter concerns the length of the wiring leading to the connector. I have noted other models in the past that have shorted this pair of leads, which bodes ill for those with a performance motherboard requiring one of these connectors (many of the DFI boards come rapidly to mind) and still wanting to use a floppy drive. This splitter has a shorter and longer wiring harness leading to the connectors, so this won't be an issue. It is good to see that concerns like this have been addressed.
A quick look at the exterior shows nothing out of the ordinary. It is a very simple design and falls squarely into the "industry standard" category. As far as the hard numbers are concerned, take a look at the data plate with me.
This Tagan product puts out 1100 watts of total power for use with pretty much any modern system on the market. It is compatible with EPS12V v2.9, ATX12V v2.2, and is fully backward compatible to handle all of your power needs. It can handle a power draw 28A on both the 5v and 3.3v rails and has four 12v rails that can each handle 20A each. Pure numbers indicate this thing is going to be a beast, but we'll stress it out a bit later.
The rear portion of the unit consists of an 80mm fan, a power outlet, and a simple toggle switch that allows you to kill the power to the power supply. The lack of a voltage switch tells us that this model will automatically detect the voltage level and adjust accordingly, so you are set regardless if you are in a country using 120v power or 240v power.
The opposite end consists of a large hole to accommodate the wiring harness and another fan to aid in keeping this beast cool. You'll note the plastic grommet that surrounds the entire hole in the housing to keep the wires from accidentally grounding out against the chassis. It is small details like this that can make the difference in a product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- AMD EPYC Rome: 64C/128T processor teased at 2.35GHz
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms