When it comes to portable media players, there is a huge selection of products on the market. While the iPod devices have a very high cool factor, the requirement of a proprietary file system that does not allow you to use your own personally recorded media is a huge downfall. The X-Micro MP4 F610 player also uses a proprietary file format, but it includes a conversion utility to allow you to view your own media files with ease.
Speaking of the conversion utility, a little more information about the advanced settings would be a nice addition to give users more details on handling the error messages that come up when encoding large file formats. While I was able to work out the menus and get the files to convert, some may have a difficult time with this. It was pretty much trial and error so a bit more detail in the documentation would be a welcome sight.
As far as features are concerned, you would be hard pressed to find another player that does more for the money. Between the audio and video file playback, you also have an FM radio tuner, a photo viewer and a backup storage device to boot. With these devices coming in at 512MB, 1GB and 2GB sizes, you can choose the one that best handles your needs.
Battery life is also very good. On a single charge, you can get around 3 hours of video playback time before you need to plug into the USB port again. This goes even higher when you are simply listening to music, so you can get a lot of use before a recharge is required.
Availability seems to be limited at the moment, but the player should be available soon on a worldwide scale. Pricing also was not available from our sources, but past products in this line have come in at a very reasonable cost when compared to similar products from other manufacturers. Time will tell in this category and I will try to get more information soon.
Bottom line... If you are looking for a portable media player, there are a huge number of choices available to you. Of course, many of these devices don't allow you to play your own media files. For that function, the list of choices gets a good deal smaller. For those looking for a means to view their own media files and also includes a very good 1.5" display, take a good look at the X-Micro MP4 F610 portable media player. With plenty of storage space and long battery life, you will be well pleased with your purchase.
1.5" 262,000 color OLED display
Long battery life
Compatible (through conversion) of most popular media formats
Needs better documentation for media conversion utility
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series