Pentium 4 2.0GHz in all its glory
what's that old saying? "A picture is worth a thousand words". Well, we will let the pictures below speak for themselves.
Here we see a picture of the Intel Pentium 4 2Ghz CPU in the mPGA 478 packaging.
The two pictures above show the Intel i850 chipset used. The first picture is of the Northbridge's rather large passive cooling system. I think Intel should have opted for the Active cooling. The bottom picture shows the actual chipset. Packaged in the OLGA package, the i850 Northbridge resembles the old 0.25um Slot 1 Pentium 3 core.
From the picture above, you can see how Intel has modified the ATX back panel. The Keyboard, Mouse, LTP, COM and USB ports are all in the same position; however, Intel has added a second set of 2 USB ports and a NIC interface (NIC comes in rather handy for a Micro ATX motherboard). Also the audio ports have been modified. The ports sit horizontally rather than vertically and the Gameport has been totally removed.
Last but not least, the largest stock heatsink ever. While the Intel Pentium 4 does put out slightly more heat that the Pentium III CPU it doesn't put anywhere near enough to need a heatsink this big. This is the kind of baby you would love to have on one of your super clocked AMD Athlon CPU's. Weighing in at over 1KG, this heatsink uses a 2700RPM 60mm Intel stock fan. The heatsink/fan combo makes very little noise and does a fantastic job of keeping the CPU cool. During full load we only got the CPU up to 33 degrees Celsius. That's a pretty good sign for overclockers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem microtransactions detailed
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25