Highpoint RocketRAID 2322
Measuring just over 12cm in length and 8.5cm in height, the card is short but high, in fact it's larger than the half height form factor that Highpoint normally use, making it a definite no-no for servers that only support half height expansion cards. With these measurements, it's clear this card is more the workstation or desktop user's best friend.
The front of the card houses the Mini SAS external connectors, the Marvell controller chip, an Intel System Management and hardware RAID controller chip as well as the Single RAID links and the Highpoint 601 hot swap chip.
The back of the card is surprisingly bare with just the voltage regulators on the real estate, normally Highpoint is packing a lot on the back - we guess the full height PCI setup affords them more room.
The interface to the board is a PCI Express x4 connector. This card will fit into universal PCI Express slots as well as x8 and x16 slots. We used our Gigabyte P965-DQ6 motherboard and placed the controller in the second PCI Express x16 slot, which is normally reserved for VGA cards.
On the PCI expansion bracket we see the Mini SAS connectors which the card uses. These ports support four drives each. Thanks to the Marvell chipset, you can RAID the external enclosures all together, that's 8 drives in RAID mode - outside of your case! If you use a second 2322 card with the single RAID link mode, you can have a 16 drive RAID array and some seriously kick ass performance or redundancy or both.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Test]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Loading Times]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- China hit Space industry milestone by launching 300th rocket
- New Octopath traveler game confirmed to be in development
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch