Test System Setup
Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Supplied by Intel)
Motherboard: Gigabyte P965-DQ6 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Memory: 2x 1GB DDR2-1066 Corsair (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk: 2x 160GB Seagate 7200.9 (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 7800GT
Cooling: Gigabyte Neon775 (Supplied by Gigabyte)
Power Supply Unit: Corsair HX620W (Supplied by Corsair)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: Intel INF 188.8.131.522, nVidia ForceWare 91.31 and DX9c
In this review we will be comparing the PCI based HP 1740 controller against the Intel ICH8R controller on the Gigabyte DQ6 motherboard along with against a couple of onboard Silicon Image controllers all of which are connected to the PCI Express bus.
Will the limited bandwidth of PCI Express affect the performance of the HP 1740 controller? Let's take a look!
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/pcmark04/
PCMark is a multipurpose benchmark, suited for benchmarking all kinds of PCs, from laptops to workstations, as well as across multiple Windows operating systems. This easy-to-use benchmark makes professional strength benchmarking software available even to novice users. PCMark consists of a series of tests that represent common tasks in home and office programs. PCMark also covers many additional areas outside the scope of other MadOnion.com benchmarks.
Here we can see that the Highpoint controller does fall slightly behind the PCI Express 3132 and the ICH8R Southbridge setup but with its NCQ and SATA-II support it manages to keep ahead of the 3114 PCI controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Test]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Loading Times]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox will 'go big' with streaming at E3 2019
- $399 Oculus Rift S has inside-out tracking, 1440p resolution
- No, Disney won't make its own Star Wars games
- Cuphead coming to Switch with Xbox LIVE integration
- Obsidian's new Outer Worlds skips Steam
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today