What You Get
After we cut our way through the hermetically sealed plastic container, we end up with the thumb drive, an extension USB cable, and a driver disk. The driver disk will only be needed if you are using Windows 98. All newer versions of Windows (including ME) will automatically recognize the device as an external storage media and load the proper drivers by default.
Taking a closer look at the device shows a rather squared looking module that has a removable covering to protect the USB tip. This can be extremely handy in the event it falls out of your pocket; and yes, this would be from someone who is talking from experience here.
As far as size is concerned, a quick viewing of the ruler shows the dimensions of the drive to be 66mm x 24mm x 10mm. For those who are metrically challenged, this works out to be about 2 5/8" x 1" x 3/8". So while it isn't the smallest drive on the market, it is easily small enough to fit almost anywhere with no problems.
Taking the cover from the drive shows a pretty common looking storage device. It is slim enough that it should fit into any front/side mounted USB port of your machine with no issues. Once you have finished, just put the cap back on and you're ready to go.
But what about the security features?
Ah, when you flip the drive over, you see a small metallic plate. This is a small scanning device that allows you to secure your data by means of a fingerprint. Simply put, you can lock access to the device unless someone has the proper fingerprint to scan or a proper password. Let's take a closer look at this concept, shall we?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Switch, motion control support
- NetherRealm Studios confirms 'Jade' for Mortal Kombat 11
- New Smash Bros. Ultimate amiibo's images: Ken, Daisy & more
- Apple prepares to unveil their own 'Netflix'-like platform
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases