Features of the DFI LANParty NF590 SLI-M2R/G
The size is nothing new - it is the full ATX layout which all enthusiast boards now use. DFI has done a magnificent job on working out where the best placement for the connectors should be placed.
The 24-pin power and 8-pin CPU power connectors are located at the top right of the board behind a large heatsink that cools the input voltage regulators. Below this is a single IDE and 2 SATA ports. The IDE is controlled by the nVidia Southbridge and the top 2 SATA ports are powered by a Silicon Image 3132 controller chip just below the SATA ports. Just below this is the FDD connector and the 6 SATA ports controlled by the nVidia Southbridge. These ports are angled 90 degrees to the board to reduce cable clutter as much as physically possible - all in the aid of improving air flow. All of these ports are UV reactive also, when placed under a black light they will glow.
The CPU layout is also extremely clean. The CPU is given power from 5 phases to keep the unit nice and stable under overclocked conditions. The retention mechanism also is UV reactive. DFI places the DDR-2 DIMM sockets between the I/O ports and the CPU, which is the opposite side to most boards, being that the CPU itself controls the memory interface; it doesn't matter if it's to the left, right or above - it's all the same.
The rear I/O is setup quite like a lot of the LANParty boards that DFI produces. The biggest note is the large gap between the SPDIF ports and the USB towers. This is there the audio module plugs into if you intend to use it. If you want to use a discrete sound card, it is better to leave it out.
Now we get to the last part of the board before we get into the BIOS and testing. This is the expansion slots as well as the additional features that DFI packs in. There are 2 PCI Express x16 slots on the board for full-speed SLI as well as support for Dual 7950GX2 cards for Quad SLI. The top slot is routed through the Northbridge, the lower is controlled through the Southbridge. Below the first PCI Express 16 slot is a single PCI Express x1 slot. Below that is a PCI Express x8 slot that can accommodate any PCI Express cards on the market apart from a graphics card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit