Inside the Box
First off we look at DFI's package and what you get for your dollars. DFI's LANParty boxes are extremely colourful to identify them on the retail shelfs, you aren't going to miss this one of the shelf. There is very little info on the front of the box apart from the name and model number.
On the back, DFI puts quite a bit of info on the board. Features such as the board specs, the UV features and basic marketing info are placed on the back along with a picture of the board itself, so there is no mystery as to what you're getting.
Onto documentation and installation. DFI provides a single user manual with all the setup features including guides to Windows driver and software installation in both English and Chinese. A single CD is provided with all the drivers for the nVidia chipset, onboard features and Windows software is included. There is also a single floppy disk that contains the nVidia RAID drivers for Windows XP install as well as the Silicon Image 3132 drivers for XP setup. This is great inclusion as some boards we've tested recently don't come with the "F6 RAID" Windows drivers which can be annoying.
DFI provides enough cables for you to setup a full on system. 4 UV Reactive SATA cables and 2 SATA power splitters with 2 drivers per splitters provide the basic SATA setup. If you want to go SLI, DFI is on your side. A SLI bridge connector is provided for running SLI. For some time, on the top of the range DFI boards, an Audio riser module is included that can be installed or removed from the board if you plan to use the onboard audio. DFI states this is use to prevent any noise from the board interfering with the onboard Audio helping to provide maximum audio quality. While we haven't personally tested this, other have and found there is very little difference but you be the judge as audio always comes down to personal preference.
1 rounded IDE and 1 rounded FDD cable is provided and is also UV reactive, under a UV black light these will light up and do look quite effective.
DFI goes for the bling factor on the high-end LANParty boards, a large LANParty decal is included to stick onto your case, so people know just what is powering your l33t gaming system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit