Inside the Box
First off we look at DFI's package and what you get for your dollars. DFI's LANParty boxes are extremely colourful to identify them on the retail shelfs, you aren't going to miss this one of the shelf. There is very little info on the front of the box apart from the name and model number.
On the back, DFI puts quite a bit of info on the board. Features such as the board specs, the UV features and basic marketing info are placed on the back along with a picture of the board itself, so there is no mystery as to what you're getting.
Onto documentation and installation. DFI provides a single user manual with all the setup features including guides to Windows driver and software installation in both English and Chinese. A single CD is provided with all the drivers for the nVidia chipset, onboard features and Windows software is included. There is also a single floppy disk that contains the nVidia RAID drivers for Windows XP install as well as the Silicon Image 3132 drivers for XP setup. This is great inclusion as some boards we've tested recently don't come with the "F6 RAID" Windows drivers which can be annoying.
DFI provides enough cables for you to setup a full on system. 4 UV Reactive SATA cables and 2 SATA power splitters with 2 drivers per splitters provide the basic SATA setup. If you want to go SLI, DFI is on your side. A SLI bridge connector is provided for running SLI. For some time, on the top of the range DFI boards, an Audio riser module is included that can be installed or removed from the board if you plan to use the onboard audio. DFI states this is use to prevent any noise from the board interfering with the onboard Audio helping to provide maximum audio quality. While we haven't personally tested this, other have and found there is very little difference but you be the judge as audio always comes down to personal preference.
1 rounded IDE and 1 rounded FDD cable is provided and is also UV reactive, under a UV black light these will light up and do look quite effective.
DFI goes for the bling factor on the high-end LANParty boards, a large LANParty decal is included to stick onto your case, so people know just what is powering your l33t gaming system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!