DFI has had a major success with their LANParty motherboards being adopted for the extreme gamers and there is a reason for that - DFI has made a huge commitment to producing a board that not only performs but some of the best overclocking workmanship on the market.
The combination of overclocking, additional onboard features and the bling factor of a glowing board, its no wonder DFI is making a killing. Now they've started to introduce 5 phase digital PWM's (apparently DFI is the first company to start using these on desktop motherboards) which are normally reserved for high-end server motherboards and are more susceptible to overclocking than regular capacitors. DFI are also using copper heatsinks on this board rather than cheaper aluminium heatsinks which don't dissipate heat as effective as copper.
As we said earlier, there have been some rumours floating around of DFI leaving the enthusiast market and concentrating on industrial boards but this is not the case. If DFI continue to produce high overclocking boards like this one, we think they'll survive in the market much longer.
For some reason the LANParty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G at overclocked speeds is slower than the ASUS Crosshair but that might mean ASUS had tweaked their BIOS a little more or switched on some different settings which helped put it ahead. When it comes down to raw maximum FSB though, DFI takes home the gold only just failing to receive our Editors Choice - we're giving it our "Best Performance" because of the impressive overclocking results.
Despite being on the expensive side of motherboard pricing, much like the ASUS Crosshair AM2 board, you get what you pay for - ASUS packs in a lot of very good features but DFI comes pretty damn close offering plenty of features to make enthusiasts smile and it is a little cheaper than the ASUS Crosshair.
Cheaper than ASUS Crosshair
5 phase PWM (increased stability when overclocked)
Dual PCI Express x16 slots (supports Quad SLI)
2 Extra SATA Ports through Silicon Image chip
Slower than the ASUS despite higher clock speeds
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit