ASUS keeps going from strength to strength with its motherboards, and with the new joint venture with Gigabyte, yet another great motherboard company, we are bound to see some very interesting products and more of them.
The ASUS Crosshair motherboard is extremely powerful and stacked with impressive features for the gamer and overclocker and some which we've never seen before but that power comes at a price. While it is a faster board than the new DFI NF590, it also has a higher price tag than the DFI board. If you want the extra features and can afford this board it is a better option but if you want something that is more on your budget level, ASUS is too far up there, DFI will be better for you with a cheaper price tag.
Overall we were suitably impressed with the ASUS Crosshair motherboard performance and its impressive and unique features but its price tag needs a pole volt to get over. If you have a big enough pole volt, we are quite sure you will also be suitably impressed with ASUS' first "Republic of Gamers" motherboard.
Great software bundle
Dual X16 slots for SLI
Onboard LED's to help install components in the dark
Silent heatpipe design
Pricey (but get what you pay for!)
Placement of power connectors could have been better
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Package and Contents]
- Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard