When the dust settles and all the tests are completed, we find ourselves looking at a very workable cooling solution. Ambient temperatures were on par with all previous testing and the smaller temperature differential speaks very well for the Gigabyte 3D Rocket II HSF. With its dual fan design and heatpipe technology, it performs very well and should have little problems with nearly any system out there.
The large footprint might turn some off, but it is simply a means to enhance a design that must sit taller than other coolers simply because of the technology in use. I have seen others that are just hulks sitting on top of their heatpipes. Gigabyte decided to do something about it and give it a unique look. Add to this the LED lighting and you have a cooler that will catch the eye of your neighbor at your next LAN.
As far as price is concerned, you can expect to shell out just under $60 USD for this behemoth. It is just a little higher than other similar models, but not terribly so.
Bottom line... If you're in the market for a solid performing cooler that has a little more aesthetic appeal than other models, take a hard look at the Gigabyte 3D Rocket II HSF. With its heatpipe technology, LED lighting and very good performance, it should certainly be on your short list of potential candidates.
Excellent temperature differential between idle and load
Very tall profile may scare some off
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Features Award!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz