nVidia's brand spanking new GeForce 7950GT is a good graphics card - it's really what the older 7900GT should have been in the first place. A 512MB good performing but not ultra expensive graphics card!
The 7950GT is going to appeal to a few people. Those that want a 512MB graphics card and those people who are willing to spend an extra few dollars to venture into something a bit faster then the 7900GT but not break the bank like the 7900GTX.
While the overclocking wasn't as pleasing as the 7900GS, it will be interesting if this is due to the heat pipe technology that XFX have opted to use instead of a standard fan/cooler combination. The clock speeds are already quite high and fairly impressive, so that may be all we can expect out of the 7950GT - we will test more cards soon and find out and report back to you.
It was good to see that XFX have also chosen to include a full version copy of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfare which is a fantastic game and quite taxing on the system - so you should be able to get some real use out of your new graphics card out of the box.
All in all the new nVidia GeForce 7950GT is a good graphics card but it seems to be a bit of a stop gap measure. While ATI have released a new card (X1900XT 256MB) that is slightly faster, nVidia are saying we are happy with our top-end but want to bring some more competitive pricing in the high-end market - hence the release of the 7900GS and 7950GT.
Bundle including full version game
Stock available now
Nothing to get too excited about but nothing to complain about
Rating - 8.5 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019