Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3430MHz (381MHz FSB with memory 4:5)
Motherboard(s): DFI Infinity 975X (Supplied by Bronet)
Memory: 2 X 1GB G.Skill HZ PC8000 @ 476MHz 4-4-4-12 (Supplied by Bronet)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA 2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: nVidia ForceWare 91.47, ATI Catalyst 6.8 and DX9c
Wooo - that is all I have to say about my new VGA testing platform. We finally had the chance to upgrade to Conroe which is nice. Motherboard, CPU and memory have all changed but we won't go into a whole lot of detail as we will have a closer look at it in the next week or two. Like our X2 system over the past copy of months, we are running the system overclocked just over 1GHz above stock. We are using the divider on the memory so it runs faster again but like we mentioned we will look at all this closer later on. We overclock to remove as much bottleneck from the system as possible so the graphics cards can perfect as fast as possible.
We have welcomed PREY with open arms to our testing and it's quite intensive to say the least. While we would normally overclock the card and then do our normal three programs, with the amazing overclocking performance we discovered, we decided to run all the tests overclocked.
We have included the Radeon X1900GT as it's the main competitor and the more expensive GeForce 7900GT to give you an idea of where it sits when compared to this model from nVidia and XFX.
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 120
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark05/
3DMark05 is now the second latest version in the popular 3DMark "Gamers Benchmark" series. It includes a complete set of DX9 benchmarks which tests Shader Model 2.0 and above.
For more information on the 3DMark05 benchmark, we recommend you read our preview here.
The Radeon X1900GT was a clear winner here beating both the GeForce 7900GT and really walking all over the 7900GS. When it came to the overclocking though, it didn't just reach the X1900GT, it continued to pass it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019