While we know that the GPU difference is quite vast between the two, we still wanted to show the Ghost Canyon and what it can do, along with showing the previous-gen Hades Canyon, and see how it holds up.
3DMark Time Spy
We already knew the GPU performance would be a huge disparity, but here we can see under gaming loads that the new 9980HK can deliver. The CPU scores are enormous leaps ahead of the 8809G. Some of this is the higher thread count, but some are the overall platform optimization as well.
Civilization VI AI Benchmark
The AI benchmark shows you how fast your CPU can process AI turns, which in a multiple AI commander game, that time can add up as far as time waiting. In this case, the 9980HK shaves over two seconds from the 8809G result.
Civilization VI Graphics Benchmark
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The gaming benchmarks were to show how the system performs for gamers with an RTX 2070 installed. We knew it was not a fair battle between the integrated RX Vega M GH unit. However, I was quite surprised to see the Hades Canyon unit pull some pleasant and playable results at high settings 1080p.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [NUC 9 Extreme NUCi9QNX Kit]
- Page 4 [Inside the NUC 9 Extreme NUCi9QNX Kit]
- Page 5 [Compute Element Disassembly and Analysis]
- Page 6 [Compute Element Disassembly and Analysis Continued]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Testing Setup]
- Page 8 [Test Setup and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Graphics Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Power Consumption and Thermals]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]