From the packaging to the monitor itself, the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM is a premium deal.
From the front of the box, the packaging will grab your eyes -- not that you would actually see this packaging, as retail shelves wouldn't have it sitting there. Buying it online and getting it at your door? You'll love the look of the box, until you rip the monitor out and throw the box away -- or put it away for storage, that is.
From the front of the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM you would think it's a ROG Strix branded gaming monitor, but it's not -- the red ring at its base elevates it in style and really adds to the premium feel of the monitor.
Funnily enough, I think the ASUS TUF Gaming VG279QM actually looks better from the back -- with that styled backing, and alien-style buttons. I really love the back of the monitor more than the front.
See what I mean? Ugh, it looks great.
Once again, that style looks SLICK and I really love it.
From the left, and the right of the monitor. It's not too thick, so I can only dream of what 3 x 280Hz monitors would be like next to each other.
The base of the monitor, where it can swivel and tilt and do all sorts of adjustments to make it perfect for you.
Cable management is nice and easy to get your desk looking neater.
ASUS uses some subtle TUF Gaming branding in the bottom right hand corner of the base.
An ASUS badge in the middle bottom of the display.
Buttons to access the OSD are in the bottom right hand corner.
Display connectivity: left-to-right we have HDMI 2.0 ports, then a DisplayPort and 3.5mm headphone jack joined by a USB port.
Anthony's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5GHz (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i PRO (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4-2933 (buy from Amazon)
- SSD: 1TB Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (buy from Amazon)
- SSD: 512GB Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVMe M.2 (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: InWin 1065W
- Case: InWin X-Frame
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:34 pm CDT
- ASUS ROG Strix XG438Q Review: It's So Good, ASUS Will Hate This Review
- ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ Review: 3440x1440 @ 200Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ Review: 32:9 Gaming Goodness At 144Hz
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made