Out of the Box Performance: Blender, Handbrake, SuperPI, and ScienceMark
HandBrake UHD Video Transcoder (x264)
HandBrake HD Video Transcoder (x264)
SuperPI Mod 1.5
The CPU absolutely demolishes everything in Blender. We see more than a 100% decrease in render time, which was very unexpected. The prized ability of this CPU is its ability to cut down rendering and production time by upwards of 100%, and that is something worth twice the price (3970X @ ½ 3990X cost).
In Handbrake, we see excellent results as well. ScienceMark is also one of those legacy benchmarks that cannot take advantage of many cores, and it tops out at 32 threads. The performance is still better.
SuperPI is single-threaded, and here we see slightly lower performance than the other Threadripper CPUs, but that is because of a lower boost speed (200MHz lower).
Last updated: Feb 9, 2020 at 03:08 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Blender, Handbrake, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Gaming]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]