When I first had Gamdias reach out to have me look at one of their Kratos PSU's I was admittedly unsure of what to expect as I have seen some very bad PSU's in my time in this industry. I am quite pleased with what Gamdias was able to pull together with the Kratos we received. The unit performed amazingly well for what I expected. I do hope in the future they revise their connector options to make a bit more sense for real-world builds.
What we like
First, up will be a gold rated PSU at this price point is a great deal if you don't mind the semi-modular aspect. The addition of RGB can help class up a build that may otherwise just have a black box as a PSU, especially if the system is built around an RGB aesthetic. The ability to pull immense amounts of power even at an auto quiet fan curve is impressive.
What do we think could be better?
I do feel like there are some improvements to the cabling, first would be the FDD connectors. I would like to see those ad adapters from PATA like other PSU's as it makes more sense to omit them on virtually any modern system. The ARGB cable I would like to see on its removable lead for those who do not care about or don't have an ARGB connector to use. The fact that pulling around 720W resulted in 50C temps internally is a bit troubling, but you should not be fully loading your PSU anyway, so it's kind of a wash.
After looking at the PSU physically, along with the testing cycle, I am impressed by the Kratos PSU. It's not a one size fits all solution as there are some great units out there for 20-40 bucks extra, but overall if you need this wattage and efficiency rating, the Kratos does an excellent job of getting things done. If you are to think about using the Kratos but are concerned due to Gamdias being a less familiar brand, maybe add a little extra wattage of overhead to help quell your fears.
Overall, Gamdias partnered up decently here and made a reliable power supply option with a good value with the Kratos P1 750W.
Shannon's Power Supply Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Custom Alphacool CPU Liquid Cooling (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz 32GB (buy from Amazon)
- Video Card: NVIDIA TITAN V (buy from Amazon)
- Video Card: NVIDIA TITAN Xp Collectors Edition (buy from Amazon)
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: SanDisk M.2 256GB
- Power Supply: GAMDIAS Kratos P1-750W Gold RGB Power Supply (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
Last updated: Feb 5, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
The Bottom Line
Gamdias has partnered up well here, and the Kratos P1 750W Gold rated ARGB PSU is a clear sign of this.