Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64
AIDA64 FP and IOPS
AIDA64 Memory Bandwidth
AIDA64 Memory Latency
AMD's internal testing showed the 3950X equal in CINEBENCH R20 to the 9980XE, and slightly behind the 10980XE. We used R15, where it was slightly behind. That being said, if you enable PBOC (which is many times enabled by default by board vendors, the score shoots above 4000).
The single-core performance here is excellent. At 4.7GHz, we score in the i9 range, which is huge. The 3950X easily wins in wPrime, even against the higher core/thread count 9980XE. In FPU tests, the CPU does quite well. Memory bandwidth and latency are similar to those results from the other high-end Ryzen AM4 CPUs.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Blender, Handbrake, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Gaming]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]