Out of the Box Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of Singularity
Resident Evil 6 Benchmark
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ashes of the Singularity
In Resident Evil 6 we don't see much of a difference, just a small uplift over the 9900K. In GTA:V we see a modest increase in performance, but in average FPS and minimums. It's not exactly a 6% increase, but it's an increase.
In Rise of the Tomb Raider, where we aren't bottlenecked by the GPU (720P and 1080P) we see the 9900KS increase performance by over 6%. In Ashes of the Singularity we see Intel really kick things up a notch, and prove that the game loves frequency (even though we also know it loves cores). We also see the CPU lift the CPU bottleneck, and really makes this the fastest gaming processor.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPU and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Blender, Handbrake, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Gaming]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]