Cooling Tech - TWIN FROZR 7
Because this is the GAMING X variant of MSI's new GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER range of graphics cards, the company has used its flagship TWIN FROZR 7 cooling technology. It's identical to the other TWIN FROZR 7-cooled cards, and something that ran even cooler in its GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X form versus the higher-end Turing and Navi-based TWIN FROZR 7-cooled MSI cards.
This makes MSI's new GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X a great buy at the sub $250 market, since it'll include a kick ass cooler -- and even a slick backplate that might not seem like much, but it keeps the card both safer, and slightly cooler.
As for the fans, because of ZERO FROZR 7... they simply won't spin until the Turing GPU hits 60C which is only under gaming loads.
MSI's TWIN FROZR 7-cooled GAMING X graphics cards use Torx Fan 3.0 which are super quiet in operation.
Huge amounts of copper heat pipes keep the MSI GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X cool.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Pricing & Detailed Specs]
- Page 2 [What's New With GTX 1660 SUPER]
- Page 3 [GTX 1660 SUPER: GDDR6 Upgrade]
- Page 4 [Cooling Tech]
- Page 5 [Detailed Look]
- Page 6 [Test System Specs]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 11 [Thermals & Power]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]