Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula X570 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3600 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Carbide 275R (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Corsair MP600 1TB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
Setup and management of the GT-AC2900 starts with the familiar ASUS wizard giving you the option to setup a new network or add this solution to an AiMesh via advanced options.
Moving through setup, the GT has a new GeForce Now configuration allowing you to tie this feature to a button on the side of the router for quick enable/disable.
Once we push through initial setup we land at the overview and the ROG router platform. You will see this implementation of the ASUS firmware only on Rapture platforms. From here you get a quick overview of your network at the top with traffic and ping below. Further down you have RGB control and Game Radar.
Even with this being a gaming platform, ASUS includes Trend Micro security as a part of AiProtection. This suite of control offers parental and malicious sites blocking along with security and vulnerability protection.
Game Acceleration offers a hardware port that has priority traffic along with ROG First and Game Boost QoS.
Open NAT gives a set of games that you can configure and add port forwarding rules for.
Game Radar offers insight into ping times based on loaded game servers.
Wi-Fi Radar includes site survey to aide in choosing the best channels in your immediate area along with channel stats and advanced troubleshooting.
Moving into advanced setting the menu go from the gaming to something resembling a typical ASUS router GUI. This gives the same overview along with CPU and memory usage.
The Wireless menu allows you to configure both 2.4 and 5GHz bands independently or with Smart Connect.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [ROG Rapture AC2900]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Wired, Wireless and Mobile Throughput]
- Page 5 [Final Thoughts]